Did you mean:Ā 

change justi of stext, cant enter coord at properties to locate text

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
349 Views, 4 Replies

change justi of stext, cant enter coord at properties to locate text

i wanted to select multiple single line text, justify them to middle center, and then move them all to the same 'X' coord to line them up. But if i change the justification of single line text, i no longer can enter coords at the properties to locate where i want that text to go. Is this a glitch? is there a fix? or is the software is designed that way?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Why don't you move them first then change the justification afterward?
Message 3 of 5
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

i wanted to select multiple single line text, justify them to middle center, and then move them all to the same 'X' coord to line them up. But if i change the justification of single line text, i no longer can enter coords at the properties to locate where i want that text to go. Is this a glitch? is there a fix? or is the software is designed that way?

[I'm on an older version here, but if the Properties are at least mostly the same...]  Look at the "Text Alignment X" item in the Text tab, rather than the "Position X" item in the Geometry tab.  I am able to give a common X coordinate to middle-center-justified Text in the former, but not in the latter.  That seems to be true for all except left-justified, in which case it's the other way around.  It's probably related to the DXF 10 and 11 code entries in entity data, the relationship between which is different for left-justified Text than for all other justifications.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Thank you for your reply ToanDN, ur solution had me trying different ways of changing the justi of text. And notices the differece between middle, center, and middle center. It is something I never thought about lol stupid me. As I alwsy haave had my text justi keyboard short cuted to ctrl+(number pad) and have ignored any other ways of changing the justi. At the end your method worked, all I need to do is be cautious on which of middle, center, and middle center to use and which would move text n which wont.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Thank you for your reply Kent1Cooper, on my last reply I learned that I have over looked the differece between middle, center, and middle center. And here I also over looked the text alignment option under the text tab on properties. Now I feel extra extra stupid >_< , my mind naturally just went to the geometry tab as soon as I think "i want to change the X coord..." I guess autocad had noticed this issue and have solved it with the text alignment option under the text tab.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta