Did you mean: 

Centering Text in a circle or rectangle

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
39593 Views, 6 Replies

Centering Text in a circle or rectangle

When entering text into a rectangle or circle, is there a command to center the text equaly on all sides. If so what is the command and how does it work?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

If the circle already there use correct justification for the text.

or use TCIRCLE and see if that helps.

Message 3 of 7
scot-65

Circle: Text Justify is "Middle Center". Use object snap to locate the center.
Rectangle: Draw a diagonal line and use it's midpoint for "MC".

???

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 4 of 7
john.vellek

Hi travo687 and welcome to the forums!

1) Set the insertion point for your text to be Middle Center.

2) For circles, when inserting text, use the Center Osnap to lock onto the center of the circle.

3) For rectangles if you are using 2017, use the Geometric Center Osnap. If using older versions you will either have to create construction lines, or use other Osnaps such as Apparent Intersection or Object Snap Tracking.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 7
GrantsPirate

For a rectangle use Justification MC, then osnap to the opposite corners of the rectangle or even the midpoint of the upper and lower lines.  For the circle you can snap to the center of the circle twice or the opposite quadrants.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 6 of 7
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: john.vellek

@john.vellek wrote:

3) For rectangles if you are using 2017, use the Geometric Center Osnap. If using older versions you will either have to create construction lines, or use other Osnaps such as Apparent Intersection or Object Snap Tracking.

M2P or MTP [called "Mid Between 2 Points" in the Ctrl+right-click Osnap list] and snap to opposite corners or edge midpoints.  That's not an available Osnap mode in too-old versions [e.g. I know it wasn't there in 2004], but it's been around for a while.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 7 of 7
john.vellek

HI travo687

I am checking back to see if my post or @Anonymous of others helped you with your problem. Please add a post with your results so other Forum users can benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts fully solved your issue or answered your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report