Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

limits

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
607 Views, 4 Replies

limits

Dear sir/madam

I want to ask you something about limits! when i gave exams i made a mistake ,i did not place limits in my drawing and when the teacher tested my drawing i had lost many objects ,because the drawing was bery big.How we choose choose to put limits?Depending on the paper to be printed on th drawing?

and how can i see my limits in my drawing, what buttons i should press(general)?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

I haven't used limits since '87 or 88' in the last century.

I don't think they are really needed in this century.

I suspect some other issue might be present.  Can you attach the *.dwg file here?

Have you been taught how to set up Paperspace Layouts?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

i saw a tutorial autocad video Setting Up Paperspace Layout in AutoCAD from you tube

Message 4 of 5
JDMather

I assume you are in a class since you mention "teacher".

Did your teacher cover paperspace layouts.

This topic is critical and takes a bit of time to cover in class and master.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 5
Kent1Cooper

@Anonymous wrote:

.....How we choose choose to put limits?Depending on the paper to be printed on th drawing?

and how can i see my limits in my drawing, what buttons i should press(general)?

In Paper Space, if you do the Page Setup routine, selecting a Plotter/Printer and sheet size will create the limits for you.  In either Model or Paper Space, you can see what they are numerically by typing LIMITS, which will ask you for lower left and upper right corners, and show you what they are currently, or you can type LIMMIN and LIMMAX to see them as saved in those System Variables.  You can see what they are graphically by using the Rectangle command, giving it (getvar 'limmin) and (getvar 'limmax) as the corners [with running Object Snap off].

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report