Did you mean: 

Cant draw in different planes

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
5005 Views, 7 Replies

Cant draw in different planes

I am following a tutorial where to create a 3D solid out of a sphere and two circles drawn in different planes (Front and Right) which are then extruded and unioned to the sphere to form a pipe bend.

After drawing the sphere, I change to one of the side views and try to draw circles in different planes.  However the circles are always showing up in the top plane.

I tried changing the dynamic UCS but no success.

Is there a setting I have to change?

Thanks

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Usually dynamic ucs  ( F6 ) allow objects to be drawn on that specific plane. you may need to turn off the object snap and 3d object snap ( F3 , F4 ) .

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

Thanks I have tried that but it doesnt work. The only thing that makes a
difference is changing the UCS. In the tutorial I was watching there wasnt
a need to change the UCS manually each time.
Message 4 of 8
imadHabash

i just want to remind that you have to work on a 3d Solid object type not any other types . can you attache here some of your dwg to check it ? 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

Thanks for your guidance.  Please see screenshot of a sphere, and I am trying to draw a circle from the centre line but orientated to the front view. However the circle is expanding in the plane of the top view. I have the snap on to get the centre of the sphere.

Sphere and Circle Screenshot.PNG

Message 6 of 8
parkr4st

Try using this on the view tab

menu.jpg

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: parkr4st

Thanks Imad
That fixed the problem. I think I still have some set up issues on the views as the circles still seem to be drawn as if looking from the side.
Message 8 of 8
blaine.warner
in reply to: parkr4st

sorry if this is super old but im having the same problem. on start up, xy plane is active so i am drawing on "top" i don't want to do that, i want to draw on "front" (xz or yz, i don't care) the screen shot you show, in the view tab, i do not have what you are showing as being in the view tab.

open 3d autocad, sketch directly on "front" plane, how would i do this without first drawing a box to have reference planes?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta