Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot delete annotation scale

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2141 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot delete annotation scale

I am creating a template drawing but while making this drawing I was working on two different versions of AUTOCAD (2012 & 2013). I have prepared my title sheet block but there are two scales in the drawing and I want only one i.e that is 1:1 but somehow there is one more scale which I am sure is coming 2012 version. I am trying to remove this scale as both the scale has same factor but I am unable to delete it as it says its being used by some object. I searched everything but could not find which object is using this 1:1000 scale. Need help to remove this scale and load only standard scale.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cadffm
in reply to: Anonymous

Without your file we can not show where your problem is..

- You can not erase anno-scales which

1. are in use

2. was the native anno-scale 1:1

If you like to get help, upload your DWG. (so we can check where the scale is in use)

If you like to try it self, try this:

Set the other one current, are you able to delete the 1:1 now?

If yes, rename 1:1 to test, rename the othe one to 1:1 (and make sure the definition is 1:1),

now you can delete "Test" and you have only one anno-scale - "1:1"

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: cadffm

I am attaching file but I am not sure if it is getting attached.

click here to get the file

Message 4 of 6
cadffm

Two problems

1. You use both scales! (please set each tab (model and layouts) current and check your properties  palette (without selected objects)

Can you see the 1:1 AND 1:1000 scale as current setting? And you can not erase scales which are in use..

2. The "1:1000" scale is the real native "1:1" of this file, so you have to delete the 1:1 and rename the 1:1000 to 1:1

I show you a "normal user way":

Use command: FILTER to select all viewports! [Filter: Viewport, Apply to ALL]

Now, you can set viewport scale an aoonotation scale in the properties palette to 1:1000 for all layouts (viewports)

set 1:1000 in modelspace too.

Now you can delete 1:1 and rename 1:1000 to 1:1.

Is it working for you now?

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: cadffm

@cadffm wrote:

Two problems

1. You use both scales! (please set each tab (model and layouts) current and check your properties  palette (without selected objects)

Can you see the 1:1 AND 1:1000 scale as current setting? And you can not erase scales which are in use..

2. The "1:1000" scale is the real native "1:1" of this file, so you have to delete the 1:1 and rename the 1:1000 to 1:1

I show you a "normal user way":

Use command: FILTER to select all viewports! [Filter: Viewport, Apply to ALL]

Now, you can set viewport scale an aoonotation scale in the properties palette to 1:1000 for all layouts (viewports)

set 1:1000 in modelspace too.

Now you can delete 1:1 and rename 1:1000 to 1:1.

Is it working for you now?

I do not have any viewports yet in my drawing. FILTER command isn't the way as you are saying. There is something that I am not doing correct but i can't figure it out.

Message 6 of 6
cadffm

>"I do not have any viewports yet in my drawing. "

No user defined viewports, thats right, but you have system-viewports, one for each initialized paperspace 😉

You answer show me: You never tested what i offer you as solution.

If you have a problem and ask for help, follow my words. a) respect and 2. it is the solution for YOUR problem.

>"FILTER command isn't the way as you are saying."

Command: FILTER

add "Viewport" to the Filterlist

apply to ALL

In your file you have 3 layouts and all was minimum 1 time current, so filter will find three (system internal) viewports.

My Sample picture is not from your file, but the steps are the same.

And check your private messages 😉

Picture edited..

190321-3.jpg

Sebastian

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report