Can't Partial Load ACAD.CUIX

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
sbrusco
2709 Views, 7 Replies

Can't Partial Load ACAD.CUIX

Hi All,

I just re-installed AutoCAD 2017 on a user's laptop that had to be wiped clean due to a virus from an email. Yuck!

I pathed our Options > Files > Customization Files to point to our own Enterprise menu and the user's custom Main then used "CUI" to partial load the Express Tools and AutoCAD CUIX files to the user's Main menu. The Express "acetmain.cuix" partially loaded fine but the AutoCAD "acad.cuix" will not partially load. AutoCAD freezes up and every pick dings my speaker.

I've done this a 1000 times and never had a problem.

Windows 10

AutoCAD 2017 w SP1

Please help.

TIA,

Sal

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
john.vellek
in reply to: sbrusco

Hi @sbrusco,

This sounds like it should work as you have done in the past.

I guess if I were tackling this myself I would do a Reset Settings to Default to get back to the original configuration. Then launch AutoCAD and see if the ACAD.CUIX loads properly.  

You might also login as an Administrative (different) user to see if the problem persists. This might be a Permissions or Trusted location issue.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 8
sbrusco
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi John,

I will try the "Reset Setting" you suggested.

As for it coming from a "permissions or trusted" location, both the express tools and AutoCAD CUIXs are in the same directory and the express tools loaded fine.

I'll post what happens after a reset settings.

Sal

Message 4 of 8
john.vellek

Hi Sal, 

I am curious how the Reset went.  Did the "out-of-the-box settings work? If so, were you then able to configure this for your Enterprise and use the Partial load of the acad.cuix?

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 5 of 8
sbrusco

Hi John,

This particular user travels a lot and needed access to all his other apps more than his AutoCAD so I haven't yet had the opportunity to test out the "reset" theory. He is supposed to leave it with me tonight so I should let you know soon.

Sal

Message 6 of 8
sbrusco

Hi John,

Now, where do I start?  Resetting to defaults as you suggested did not help. Since I didn't have a lot of time to "play" (remember this user travels and needs his computer) I Uninstalled all Autodesk and reinstalled. Also didn't help. When I try to partially load the acad.cuix menu, it locks up. But wait...

I noticed when it was locked up, if I hover over the AutoCAD icon in the taskbar that there were two windows and the preview of the one was an error message from AutoCAD. If I squint my old eyes I can read that "Workspaces in partial menus are not...." to which there is only one button, the "OK" button. I could not see this message that was active and waiting for a response but I found that if I just hit the "Enter" key, this would accept the message and move on with the partial load.

This is the solution to this problem that begs the question is why doesn't this message show on my display? But that is a question for another day.

That is what I found, recorded here for future reference.

Sal

Message 7 of 8
john.vellek

Hi @sbrusco,

Have you tried removing the workspaces in the ACAD.cuix?  That might eliminate that pesky little message.

John Vellek

Message 8 of 8
sbrusco

Hi John,

Your suggestion would certainly stop the "pesky little message" but as you can see in the attached screen shot of the message, those workspaces can actually be imported (copied) from the partial load to each user's custom menu IF THEY SO DESIRE. For this reason I'll leave them in.

And anyway, that ONE laptop is the only machine on which I've actually seen this message actually NOT show up. The saving grace is that the default button is the one I want so that is why picking the "Enter" key works.

Sal

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta