6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1363 Views, 6 Replies

can't get exact measure

hello 

i have an issue when i add measurement 

if the draw is zoom out and get  measurement it's show size more 1200.63 and is not ok 

if i zoom in a lot and i click on corner the measurement it is ok 1200 

snip1.PNGsnip2.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
GrantsPirate
in reply to: Anonymous

When zoomed out your osnap is grabbing the dimension extension line.  When using ENDP osnap you don't have to try and grab the corner, just somewhere to one side of the middle of the line and let AutoCAD do the work for you.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

To avoid the zooming to click the corners of the rectangles instead of the other extension lines (or other geometry) after starting the dimension command (using linear or aligned dimensions, not the new dimension tool) hit "enter" or if you have right-click set to "enter" if in a command, hit that, you will then get a pick-box instead of cross-hairs, click on the geometry you want to dimension, then place the text as you would normally. I have right click set to "enter" if in a command, and "repeat last command" if not in a command. In this way I can dimension a lot of objects in a hurry, (double right-click, then select object) and not worry about which endpoint, midpoint, or other point I need to "aim" the cross-hairs at.

Message 4 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

to avaoid that object snaps catch endpoints of dimension lines you can activate the option "ignore dimension extension lines", so object snaps like ENDpoint can't snap to the dimension object.

20190926_220954_0001.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

i was saw cause the new measure first click goes to other measurement line .

i don't know how to exprime . 

if it was a previous measure before i click on the line of that measure not in the corner 

there is anyway to force to get measure only from corners ?

snip3.PNG

Message 6 of 7
cadffm

Only Corners: No, but "no dimension lines" Yes.  Read Alfreds answer above.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

thank you 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta