Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get autocad to print the viewport as displayed?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
lukexcollins
6914 Views, 11 Replies

Can't get autocad to print the viewport as displayed?

Hi there.

Hoping someone might be able to help me figure this out 🙂

Why won't Autocad print my viewport as it is displayed? I have a model and have set up a viewport exactly as I want to see it on the hard copy - Realistic view style, shadows on, no lights, sun on. In paperspace it looks perfect, but the darn thing will not print as shown.

It prints realistic but the shadows will not display.

What am I doing wrong?

I've tried a ton of things - defaultlighting, lighting types, I've added lights, removed lights,  changed view style settings, looked at render settings. Nothing has worked.

It looks just perfect on my screen. I'm almost ready to just do screen grab!

Thanks in advance 🙂

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
pendean
in reply to: lukexcollins

Any reason you are unable to share a screenshot of your PLOT dialog box plus your entire viewport for review?
Message 3 of 12
lukexcollins
in reply to: pendean

non whatsoever, sorry, newbe mistake!

please see attached ....

Note shadows displayed in viewport but not on print preview(or print).

thanks 🙂

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

Viewports in pspace have their own print settings. Select the viewport, right click, go to print settings, and change to as displayed.
Message 5 of 12
lukexcollins
in reply to: Anonymous

yes, viewport is set to plot "as displayed".  Same problem exists when set to plot as  "realistic".

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

AutoCAD cannot always print 3D visual styles in pspace viewports the same way it can display them.  Don't ask me why, its just a bug I have come across on a few settings.  If you want a photorealistic view to print use a render setting to print.  Attached you will see that you had the viewport to print as realistic.  Change it to one of the items below render and try again.  To get the shadows how you want you will probably need to add lighting in your model space.  Hope this helps.  Also attached is a print preview with a viewport setting of medium.

Message 7 of 12
lukexcollins

Thanks for your help 🙂

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

I drew my plumbing isometric text set to 30 or 330 degrees in rotation or oblique.  When I create the viewport, they seem fine like they should, but,  when I go to plot, the text does not show at the 330 degrees they are set to.  Can someone help me please. 

Tags (1)
Message 9 of 12
jggerth

post a sample drawing that shows the problem.

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: jggerth

I am drawing them in regular rectangular snap.  Although It seems I need to be in actual isometric view for it to work, but my preset blocks are in rectangular snap.  I had CAD 2013 and this was not a problem.  Thank you.

Message 11 of 12
jggerth

that's a picture, not a drawing.  Post a DWG so we can tell you what's going on.

Suggest thoguh, that you explore Snap Styles, and use the Isometric Snap for risers.  Not an Isometric View -- that's for 3d work, not riser diagrams

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: jggerth

That's right, a DWG would help.  Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta