Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can polyline have differrent linetype in single line?

29 REPLIES 29
SOLVED
Message 1 of 30
waseemtarik
3443 Views, 29 Replies

can polyline have differrent linetype in single line?

hello everyone, I was wondering if there would be such a thing to have a poly-line in different line-type but not for all of 4th lines, just for one of them, is there anything like that, or does someone have different idea on how to do it?

I don't want to use lines because it takes time to move or delete it.

I'm using full version of AutoCAD 2020.

please let me know even if it's an app or lisp to use. I have a big project and has to be one solid line and one with hidden line.

thank

29 REPLIES 29
Message 21 of 30
waseemtarik
in reply to: dbroad

@dbroadplease see attached. frames is not exposed as panels comes in front, but that doesn't mean everywhere.

I should have hidden lines when panels is in front of the frame and solid lines when frame is exposed. @

Message 22 of 30
dmfrazier
in reply to: waseemtarik

@waseemtarik 

Gosh, that DWG is significantly different than the DWG you posted earlier (at msg #4).

Based on that, you can disregard all of my previous comments.

In the future, please do us the courtesy of being more forthcoming with relevant information when you post requests for help here.

Message 23 of 30
dbroad

Perhaps you can walk me through your drawing.  Here is what I see:

1. All object have a bylayer linetype.  This thread is about linetypes. Which lines/segments require a different linetype?
  2. It appears to be decimal but uses inches for units.  The window frame parts appear to be sized for millimeters. Why?
  3. The orgin doesn't relate to the window. Why?
  4. There are 2 separate hatch layers. Why?
  5. The hatch doesn't relate to the window frame boundaries bu relate to their own boundaries. Why?

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 24 of 30
waseemtarik
in reply to: dmfrazier

@dmfrazierwhat I've posted is same poly-line but looking for a hidden segment, so if there was solution for that then I will apply it here. there's nothing different between the two attached. except that one has no panels.

Message 25 of 30
dbroad

In reply to #4, I added a group to your test2 (from post #4).

You can stretch it or move it or copy it.

Message 26 of 30
waseemtarik

@dbroad 

Perhaps you can walk me through your drawing.  Here is what I see:

1. All object have a bylayer linetype.  This thread is about linetypes. Which lines/segments require a different linetype? I have explode it to just show you which one should be hidden.
  2. It appears to be decimal but uses inches for units.  The window frame parts appear to be sized for millimeters. Why? I just have copied one window into a new CAD file that's why, to focus only on this instead of uploading the original file
  3. The orgin doesn't relate to the window. Why? same as above
  4. There are 2 separate hatch layers. Why? two different type of panels
  5. The hatch doesn't relate to the window frame boundaries bu relate to their own boundaries. Why? hatch has to be like that, panel has to be installed in this way, to have a small joint between the frames.
Message 27 of 30
dbroad

I opened your drawing and grouped the window.  I moved the window objects to the origin.

I also copied one vertical frame and grouped it.

You can move, copy, rotate, etc. by making one click to select.  To stretch, turn group selection off (in home ribbon tab).

This allows you to have something similar to a block as far as selection and allows you to stretch.

Message 28 of 30
waseemtarik

@dbroadthank you sir, I will try to change my entire project into grouping.

regards.

Message 29 of 30
Anonymous

It's a little late, but here is the screen shot of the Parametric constraints.  Coincident allow lines to be linked together at endpoints, midpoints and such.  Collinear allows them to maintain them to be along the same line.  Lots of different functionality can be accomplished with them.  Also attached is a file with some polylines and lines that are linked with the Coincident parameter.  There's a good video on the AutoCAD University about using them that can help out as well.

To move a single node though you have to select both polylines/lines of the joined group otherwise they will not move the way you want them to.

Message 30 of 30
hbauers
in reply to: Anonymous

Brian, this was already proposed in MESSAGE 6 a week ago.

HB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta