Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not move from one layer to another layer in Autocad 2019.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
469 Views, 5 Replies

Can not move from one layer to another layer in Autocad 2019.

Hi, I can't move from one layer to another layer in Autocad 2019.

Command: '_.-LAYER
Current layer: "Postes"
Enter an option [?/Make/Set/New/Rename/ON/OFF/Color/Ltype/LWeight/TRansparency/MATerial/Plot/Freeze/Thaw/LOck/Unlock/stAte/Description/rEconcile/Xref]: _OFF
Enter name list of layer(s) to turn off or <select objects>: =Postes sin Usar
Enter an option [?/Make/Set/New/Rename/ON/OFF/Color/Ltype/LWeight/TRansparency/MATerial/Plot/Freeze/Thaw/LOck/Unlock/stAte/Description/rEconcile/Xref]:

please, helpme.

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

Use the Set option to Set another Layer as the current one.  [Your command-line snippet involves turning a Layer Off, but that's not necessary when Setting a different one as current.]

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 6
s.borello

What happens when you open layer properties and double click your desired layer? 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: s.borello

nothing, I want to move some objects from layer (A) to layer (B), it was a success. but when I want to turn off the layer I can not turn off, it's as if I had not passed it to layer (B) and this is the message.

Enter name list of layer(s) to turn off or <select objects>: =Postes sin Usar
Really want layer "Postes sin Usar" (the CURRENT layer) off? <N> _Yes
Enter an option [?/Make/Set/New/Rename/ON/OFF/Color/Ltype/LWeight/TRansparency/MATerial/Plot/Freeze/Thaw/LOck/Unlock/stAte/Description/rEconcile/Xref]:

* The file was created in autocad 2018 and now I am working in autocad 2019 student version.

Message 5 of 6
Kent1Cooper

What are the objects?  If they are Blocks, and if their parts  were drawn on some Layer other than 0, you would need to turn that Layer Off, not just the Layer on which the Blocks are inserted.  Or, if you Freeze  the Layer where they're inserted, rather than turn it Off, the Blocks will disappear regardless of the Layer(s) of their component parts.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 6 of 6
pendean

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report