Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create an absolute link between two cells in different tables?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jim3thornton
317 Views, 3 Replies

Can I create an absolute link between two cells in different tables?

We have created a Table that has formulas linked to a dataextraction table.  This additional table has been created for us to have better control of how we are presenting the data.

The problem that we have found is ... if we need to delete or add a row because we may need to add or delete a unit type ... the values that we had mapped between cells of two different tables DO NOT remain locked.  

If we were originally linking to C3 in Table 1 .... after an addition we could be linked C4 or greater ... and if we subtract a row, we would then be referencing C2 ...

Is it possible to LOCK that connection at C3?

I have attached a few examples ... 

Links between Cells of Differnet Tables.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
john.vellek
in reply to: jim3thornton

Hi @jim3thornton,

With a little playing, I discovered that you can reference an absolute cell location similar to the way you do it in Excel.  I did this in a single table and did not link between tables.

Capture.PNG

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 4
jim3thornton
in reply to: john.vellek

I added the dollar signs as you had shown ... and found that it retained the value for the first column of the 1A and 1B, but the cells below did not retained the value ...

partially there ...

on a side note is there a command that will allow the column and row headers to be visible so I can print them?

Message 4 of 4
john.vellek
in reply to: jim3thornton

Hi @jim3thornton,

I am not sure what you mean by cells below.  That $ notation should hold the absolute value for any cell where you use it so perhaps you need to apply it in the lower cells too.

There is no way to display the actual row and column labels although you could certainly add a row and column and type in the values.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report