Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create a CTB that don't print layers?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
glayson_martins
114 Views, 3 Replies

Can I create a CTB that don't print layers?

Good morning.

I create a CTB and layers to my team to use on our drawings, but, to ensure people would use the layers, I want to disable the Layer 0 to be printed.

But I wanted to know if there's a possibility to do it with the CTB or something similar, rather than going at each drawing and setting it manually.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

@glayson_martins wrote:

...., I want to disable the Layer 0 to be printed. ....

Since .ctb plotting is color-based, not Layer-based, I expect probably the only way to do that would be to set Layer 0 to some unique color that is not used for any other Layer or in any object color property overrides, and in the Plot settings, set the Screening value for that color all the way down to zero.  But there are always ways around things -- something on Layer 0 could be given a different color as a Property override, and then it would Plot.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: glayson_martins

@glayson_martins .ctb plotting is color-based, not Layer-based: knowing this, how would you like to proceed?

Setting layer 0 to noplot might trigger other issues for you, but you are welcome to test it all out in one of your own DWG files.

Converting to and using STB (not CTB) is layer-based, assuming you/your users do not change he layer setting of course: and STB does not auto-replace a CTB in existing drawings, you will have to actively convert each DWG and reset all the layer properties.

Message 4 of 4
glayson_martins
in reply to: pendean

When I mentioned CTB was because I want a solution that would be automatic, just like plotting using the right CTB.

But I'm gonna try to use STB and see if that can help me

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report