Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I activate a shortcut menu from command line?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kczerwonka
1251 Views, 4 Replies

Can I activate a shortcut menu from command line?

I created a new shortcut menu in CUI. Alias is POP539. I assigned it to a programmable mouse button, and it works fine.

Now I want to activate it by using the command line, instead of the assigned programmable mouse button.

I want to press a key(s) or type (something) in command line to cause the shortcut menu to pop up on screen at current mouse pointer location, then select from the shortcut menu by mouse click.

How can I do this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: kczerwonka

Why do you want the right-click menu to open at the cursor location and animate the selection of the function you want to launch? Are you trying to animate a video tutorial? Or...?

TIA
Message 3 of 5
kczerwonka
in reply to: pendean

I do not want to animate anything. I just want my shortcut menu to appear on screen by pressing a key (or keys) instead of clicking a mouse button.

It is normal behavior that the shortcut menus appear on the screen at the current pointer location.

Example: if I right-click on an empty area of the drawing, that is where the default right-click menu appears. I want to press a key, instead of clicking the mouse button to make the menu appear on screen.    

Message 4 of 5
ВeekeeCZ
in reply to: kczerwonka

So what stops you from assigning the macro to some keyboard shortcut?

Macro may look like this... $P0=POP606 $p0=* (but you should know since you programmed your mice)

Then create a command in CUI and assign some shortcut to it. No rocket science.

Message 5 of 5
kczerwonka
in reply to: ВeekeeCZ

That works!

Previously, when I attempted to assign a shortcut key to it, I was unable to do it. So I was unsure if it was possible with a custom command. I was trying to assign keys to it and it it said "SPECIFIED ARGUMENT IS OUT OF RANGE". So, I edited an existing shortcut key and it works.

Thank you very much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report