Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAD File makes AutoCAD not responding during open, won't xref into another drawing, or open in Trueview.

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1111 Views, 8 Replies

CAD File makes AutoCAD not responding during open, won't xref into another drawing, or open in Trueview.

Just as the title says, this CAD file makes AutoCAD and Trueview not responding when opening or xrefing it into another drawing. I've tried to partial open without xrefs being loaded, I've tried changing the location of the file so the xrefs being opened are blank template files since the paths are relative. I noticed the last thing that autocad tries to do is the automatic regenerating model, so I made regenauto set to 0 and regenmode set to off, no luck.

See the attached CAD file for reference. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
coffeejeanpaul
in reply to: Anonymous

Morning Sir 

Could be pc error. 

As it opens fine on my AutoCAD, 

Try reset everything and open the two attached files. I resaved it for you one dwg and one dfx.

dfx. you can open and save to dwg again.

If all fails reinstall. 

Hope this helps 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: coffeejeanpaul

It doesn't work on any of my employee's computers either. Doesn't matter if it's on their desktop or our server. Would you possibly be able to audit and purge the drawing as well then resend it?

Message 4 of 9
coffeejeanpaul

Purged and Audited. 

See if you can open it now sir.

Message 5 of 9
coffeejeanpaul

Apologies attached 

Message 6 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> this CAD file makes AutoCAD and Trueview not responding when

>> opening or xrefing it into another drawing.

Opening your file shows first a proxy notice!

Then you have a lot of PDF's referenced into this file and these files are placed on a server (which might things slow down too). But we all do not have these PDF-files so we can open your file fast, but on your side these PDF-files might need such a long time to get loaded, either because they are so big or so slow to load.

Try to detach these references and see how the file behaves then...

If these PDF-files are vector files then convert them to DWG and then use XRef to use the DWG-files as references instead of the PDF ones.

20210427_085849_0001.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 9
pendean

Open this file, thaw/turn on all layers, detach all XREFs, then WBLOCK out the content from modelspace to create a new file. Still a problem?

FYI over here RECOVER command found 16+errors, and 45 missing PD XREFs that will cripple any computer on the planet, so that is likely your issue

pendean_0-1619526360431.png

I also suspect your all-eggs-in-one-basket DWG file ought to be 6+ different DWG files instead too 

pendean_1-1619526449970.png

Friend, these all look for workflow issues, not much else.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: coffeejeanpaul

Thank you so much, it worked like a charm!

Message 9 of 9
coffeejeanpaul

Also what is mentioned above is correct too many files attached, I usually have problems opening drawings with Drone footage attached as the files are extremely large, So in short just detach the pdf's or files that are really big. If the pdf's are needed try to convert them with the pdf import tool this will take away the attachment side of it, that said it is also only if it is text and lines in the pdf images would get attached unless you untick it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta