Burn in display on Win 11

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
haivu2508
3941 Views, 25 Replies

Burn in display on Win 11

Hi all,

I have a problem with Windows 11 (with the final build before debut). When I use the toolbars with list option, they will have a burn-in text in the list cell (like burn-in phenomena in cell phones). This happen all the times when using Autocad. The only way I have to make it temporary disappear is REGEN all. I think this is an incompatibility of Autocad on Windows 11.

Note that i test it with both Autocad 2021.1.1 and 2022.1. Do you have any solutions with this prolem?3.jpg

Tags (2)
25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26
RobDraw
in reply to: haivu2508

Use the appropriate OS. AutoCAD is not ready for 11.

Thanks for being a guinea pig and going through the growing pains for us.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 26
pendean

@haivu2508 Unsupported OS: you are on your own with all the problems and issues. Try Microsoft support.

PS: Thanks for being a guinea pig. Hope your clients are OK with it.
Message 4 of 26
apxu259

I have same issue with AutoCAD 2020 and final Windows 11 version, only way I find to fix it is turn on high-contrast theme for windows. Looks like it is kind of OS incompatibility.

Message 5 of 26
pendean
in reply to: apxu259

>>>... with AutoCAD 2020 and final Windows 11 version...<<<
>>>...Looks like it is kind of OS incompatibility....<<<
@apxu259 Good to know.
Message 6 of 26
apxu259
in reply to: pendean

At least i found a kind of solution instead of bulling people on forum, as you did)
Message 7 of 26
haivu2508

I just want to report the error up to Autodesk, they can know and fix this error soon. But some members don't think so, they prefer to blame me for using incompatible operating system. I just find a solution for this at all.

Message 8 of 26
RobDraw

Autodesk barely monitors this forum and probably already has teams of people on it already. Your efforts are futile if you're trying to do anything beyond experimenting for your own satisfaction. 

Rob

Message 9 of 26
pendean

@haivu2508 Reporting to Autodesk happens only here https://www.autodesk.com/company/contact-us/product-feedback
and here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/users-software/support-options#:~....

Anywhere else is the same as standing at a street corner shouting at passer-bys.

HTH
Message 10 of 26
HMSengineer

Graphics card/memory issue.

In AutoCAD 2021 LT on Win11 had about 1/3 of the lower segment with a blue line on a 4k monitor and the same line on a 2k but only on only about 1/8 of the screen that would not display most of the layers around it, so it had to be graphics related since it wasn't present on a 1080p.

In my case the solution was to: 

-lower graphics performance from Advanced Mode to Intermediate Mode. (lower right toolbar in AutoCAD)

-wasn't necessary but I also turned off "Game Mode" in Win11

Basically Win11 is a bit more graphics card/memory intensive (since it caches more stuff to make navigation/search faster). I'm running a 2k, and a 4k, from a Lenovo Yoga C940 so less than 12GB of shared memory between system and graphics, worth a try...

Message 11 of 26
GabeFord

I've had the exact same experience on Win 11. I guess I'll just have to wait until Autodesk decides to supports Win 11.

Message 12 of 26
Clinton
in reply to: HMSengineer

I discovered I had the same problem since upgrading to Win 11 a little while back. I have a Dell laptop with NVIDIA GeForce discrete graphics card.I discovered that Windows now controls the graphic card selection, not the NVIDIA Control Panel. Adding AutoCAD (I have LT 2022) to the graphics app selection, and telling it to always use the NVIDIA graphics card & not the integrated graphics seems to have solved the issue (though I did also turn off game mode). I didn't need to change the graphics settings down from advanced within AutoCAD.

Message 13 of 26
facilicad

" Hope your clients are OK with it"? What is that supposed to mean? As a consultant, my clients are asking. As a developer, I have several test computers in my office, all with imaged drives so I can easily revert back to the Windows 10 environment. As a developer, it is my responsibility to test my software on all the latest operating systems and other 3rd party applications we piggyback on. That way I am able to make informed, qualified decisions and recommendations. On these forums, no question is a dumb question. Sarcasm and snarky answers are com pletly inappropriate!     

Message 14 of 26
RobDraw
in reply to: facilicad

I'm sorry but Autodesk has a long history of being behind Windows. Smart money is on waiting for others to test unsupported OS upgrades until they support it.

Rob

Message 15 of 26
lunarfaze

@apxu259 Thanks for this.  Weird that the "Contrast Themes" would fix this.  And they're ugly.  But at least I'm not seeing double-vision.   

Message 16 of 26
lunarfaze
in reply to: Clinton

@Clinton I was really hoping this would work for me as well.  It didn't fix it though.  Thanks for the suggestion.  

Message 17 of 26
DougmanXL

The only thing that helped with this, was disabling most of the "performance options - visual effects", but doesn't completely fix it.  I'm getting the issue mostly in drop-down menus.  I think it has to do with fading list boxes.

Message 18 of 26
jacks1731

got a new computer and it came with windows 11. supposedly AutoCAD 2021 and 22 are now compatible with windows 11 but this burn-in phenomenon is happening to me with almost all menu text. if i hover over it or click in it, it usually fixes itself or changes but it is pretty annoying. has a fix been found yet?

jacks1731_0-1644261733176.png

Message 19 of 26
pendean
in reply to: jacks1731

@jacks1731 There is no deliberate fix for this issue from Autodesk or Microsoft yet.
Try the tips offered by others in replies right above your "me too" post, starting with the one right above your post.
Message 20 of 26
jacks1731

okay thanks! unfortunately, those fixes didn't help. guess i'll have to wait it out. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost