Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG with blocks ????

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
f_vergez
276 Views, 7 Replies

BUG with blocks ????

I used the Express command Replace block with another block.

The new blocks are well replaced but the dynamic actions on the block definition are lost ( move and rotate ).

Is this a BUG ?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
cadffm
in reply to: f_vergez

This Expresstool (not part of the core program, no support) was designed a long time before dynamic blocks born in 2006.

It is not designed to work with dynamic blocks.

Call it a Bug, but it was simply not adapted for this type of technology.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Simon_Weel

In AutoCAD 2024, it's build-in: BREPLACE. So no longer an Express Tool.

Message 4 of 8
f_vergez

Indeed not workink in ACAD 2024. Tried with -BREPLACE command and the result is the same : dynamic options disappear. So @cadffm , I don't think the expresstool which is not part of core is a valuable excuse for Autodesk and will still so call it a Bug unless someone find a solution...

Message 5 of 8
cadffm

Hi,

>>" I don't think the expresstool which is not part of core is a valuable excuse for Autodesk and will still so call it a Bug"

Up to 2023: Feel free  / I thinking the same since decades.

>>" since 2024 (not part of Etools)

Yes, it looks like a bug, I can't find documented limitations, so i am with you.

>>"unless someone find a solution"

We (users like you) can't change the program. Send product feedback to Autodesk to get a better in future (perhaps).

Workaround: Search&use more powerful tools for working with (dynamic) blocks from 3rd party offers.

@Simon_Weel Good catch, thx you.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
Simon_Weel

Ok, so you might have to revert to old-skool techniques like -insert <oldblockname>=<newblockname>

Message 7 of 8
pendean

@f_vergez Express Tools are old and only provided 'as-is' for decades now. You can call their shortcomings whatever you wish.

But... there are free LISP out there that can help instead of waiting for years for an Autodesk fix, here is one if the tip above is too cumbersome, explore
https://www.cadtutor.net/forum/topic/69136-replacing-a-dynamic-block-with-another/?do=findComment&co...
Message 8 of 8
f_vergez

Thanks. I give it a try

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report