Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch print pdf makes all unopened sheets small

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
LBourkePFTRD
337 Views, 6 Replies

Batch print pdf makes all unopened sheets small

For information, i am using autocad electrical 2024.

I'm currently converting 550+ autocad files to pdf using the batch print function. Typically I create a page setup on the 1st page and save it which is prints to adobe pdf fine. I then open the publish function and add all the sheets i wish to print, ensuring the file type is multi-sheet file.

I select all the sheets in the publish window and change the page setup to the adobe plot i've saved to page 1 and all seemed to work fine.

After printing, all the pages except for the 1st page are much smaller, the 1st page fills the whole adobe window (in A3) and the others are all A3 pages but the detail is very small and tucked to one side of the sheet.

After some trial and error, i've noticed that pages which are opened (by myself or others) will print fine, only unopened pages have this issue. I'd rather not open and print all 550 pages and would rather resolve the issue to speed processes up in future.

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

I see you are using Electrical 2024. Do you have access to the Autodesk Batch Save Utility? It comes with Civil 3D. If so, you can write a simple script to set the plot settings in all the files. It runs it quick. Then run publisher.

Vincent Sheehan

Sr. Civil Designer
Poly In 3D Blog

Message 3 of 7

I don't seem to have either the Civil 3D or Autodesk Batch Save Utility

Message 4 of 7
LBourkePFTRD
in reply to: LBourkePFTRD

Update - I've done some further tests and nothing seems to be correcting the issue.

If i open sheet 1 and publish pages 1, 2 and 3 for example. page 1 will print correctly (fill the whole pdf page) then pages 2 and 3 will be small (fill about 5% of the page). I then open pages 1, 2 and 3 and publish again (nothing changed at all) and all pages are printed correctly.

Message 5 of 7
pendean

@LBourkePFTRD adobe plot? Does that mean you're not testing with all the other PDF drivers provided in the core ACADE installation yet? I would do so right away and find out more.

Also, is background publishing turned off? Highly recommended.

What you are doing is otherwise what we all do all the time with success more often that not, but its fair to say most in this forum are not using ACADE: are you missing an alert from AutoCAD that provide you with more issues perhaps when it says it is finished publishing?

I suspect you'll have to share DWG files here for others to try in your own drawings.

Is your ACADE2024 fully updated? Your ABOUT command will confirm if you have these installed

pendean_0-1707231469833.png

Message 6 of 7
cadffm

Hi,

No warnings in your Sheetlist?

As Pendean also pointing to: Tried publishing in front?

cadffm_0-1707232828860.png

>>"Typically I create a page setup on the 1st page ..I select all the sheets in the publish window and change the page setup"

If all pages are the same, Save one DWG with your named pagesetup and you can import this one to every sheet in your sheetlist.

For sheets in one DWG, also in sheets of all DWGs you added to your sheetlist.

(I would start a Job with 550 sheets, but 50 or 100 is also much faster than 550 times the same)

Sebastian

Message 7 of 7
cadffm

Totally forgot:
Since you found the solution manually and I have an automated version for these cases, I could send it to you in a simplified form.

Even if it's probably less elegant:
Or you can make something like this yourself, because if publishing basically goes through all layouts, then a simple entry (command "_.qsave") in an acaddoc.lsp should be enough for it to work in the second round.

Sebastian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report