Did you mean: 

Break-line inserted as group not polyline

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jsaayman
878 Views, 3 Replies

Break-line inserted as group not polyline

Please could somebody help me to fix my break-line command in express tools

I would like the break line to be inserted as a polyline and not as a group, but my installation of AutoCAD 2018 is creating a break-line as a group and not a polyline. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cadffm
in reply to: jsaayman

Thats normal if you are using the BLOCK option of breakline command and your block is not 1 unit long.

If you use the block BRKLINE (name of standard break symbol block), redefine the block by using

command INSERT [Browse]  -> "C:\\program files\\autodesk\\autocad 2018\\express\\brkline.dwg"

Or upload on sample.dwg, so we can see and test what you see.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
cadffm

@jsaayman no response?

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
dhccad

For the purpose of information as the OP did not follow up. I had this same issue come up and we do not use Groups at all in our drafting. 

What I found out is the linework the breakline command was snapping to had "Z Elevations". To be clear, I'm in a 2d environment and there's no reason for there to be and Z Elevations on the linework. After putting the linework to a 0 (zero) elevation, the Breakline command did not create the Breakline 'symbol'  as a Grouped object. I was able to recreate the issue, by changing two lines to different elevations (not zero) and snapping to the endpoints.

Vanilla Full Version AutoCAD 2023, no add-ons.

In this snip, I set the two lines, one end (not both), to 120 at opposite ends.

dhccad_0-1673287831048.png

HTH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta