Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blurry when zoomed out in Adobe after DWG to PDF

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
morganism3
4076 Views, 6 Replies

Blurry when zoomed out in Adobe after DWG to PDF

OK, I've seen many discussions of this online, but never seen a clear answer. Some swear that it's an AutoCAD issue and some swear that it's an Adobe issue. When I DWG to PDF, I get a perfectly good image, but it displays horrible on Adobe until I zoom in. See attached files. What causes this, and is there any way around it?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: morganism3

Could be an Adobe problem. Try a different PDF viewer like Foxit or Bluebeam and see if the problem occurs.

Area Object Link | Attribute Modifier | Dwg Setup | Feet-Inch Calculator
Layer Apps | List on Steroids | VP Zoom Scales | Exchange App Store

Message 3 of 7
pendean

You want these preferences settings in Adobe Acrobat, or you need to use a different PDF viewer, or use only Adobe Acrobat purchased PDF creation/viewing/editing tools (aka not free)

Capture.PNG

Message 4 of 7
morganism3
in reply to: pendean

Which preference settings?
Message 5 of 7
pendean

In Adobe Acrobat.
Message 6 of 7

Hi,

>> but it displays horrible on Adobe until I zoom in

Besides of Adobe settings / and trying other PDF viewers, which both are necessary to see if your file has issues please also understand that PDF is a page description format, not a CAD-format.

The difference is that a PDF is for printing on paper and paper can't be zoomed. So the only perfect display of a PDF on a monitor is when looking to it at 100%, not 95% and not 105%, just the 100% is what the PDF-file is prepared to be "perfect" for the print-out/for displaying.

Zooming like in CAD is not what a PDF file-format is build for. You can do it, but it's then not the perfect display any more.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Try this. When you pick AutoCAD PDF choice go to properties, highlight custom properties, pick custom properties and choose a much larger page size that 8.5x11. After the PDF is made, you will be able to zoom on the drawing and see lines with clarity. not perfect but much better the making a 8.5x11 plot

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta