Did you mean: 

block symbols not printing properly.

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
3099 Views, 11 Replies

block symbols not printing properly.

Can anyone point me in the right direction. I have a few block symbols that will not print on my drawing?  I have attached a picture of the .dwg and .pdf.  I have checked the plot style for the symbol's color and it is black as it should be.  I have gone into the block and made the circle the same color etc using match properties as the little diagonal lines on the light and that didn't change anything when it came to printing.  The rest of the drawing is fine,  its just the electrical symbols some or the plumbing fixtures.  If I explode the symbol it prints fine, but I really don't want to have all these fragments in my drawing.  

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

More info.... I tried printing in greyscale and monochrome and it does the same thing.  

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

Got it to print properly by going into the block and changing the lineweight from 0.00 to 0.25.  Not sure why this worked.  The exploded ceiling light that I notated in the attachment is at 0.00.  Still looking for better solutions.

Message 4 of 12
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous

Can you attach your file with the block in it?

I would also like to see your plot settings and a CTB or STB file that you are using for your plot style.

Please also attach your PDF file.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

attach the DWG file

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Thanks John.  Here is the unchanged version with the blocks not opened and set to lineweights .025.  I appreciate your interest in helping me figure this out.

Message 7 of 12
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Since you are plotting by color and not by named plot style, the easiest way to resolve this (IMHO) is to select all layers in the Layers Properties Manager and set the lineweight to Default. You can also turn off the Plot object lineweights in your plot window.

When i did this the resulting PDF shows all the objects.

Give this a try and let me know your results.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

Thanks John,  I think you have what I need but I am not getting the results. Mine prints the same as before.  I have attached a copy of my plot setup and layer properties.  couldn't get all layer properties in the picture but all line weights are set to default.  Can you see where I may have gone off track?  

Message 9 of 12
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Take a look inside your CTB file. All the lineweights are set to use Object Lineweight. I suggest that you set up four different lineweights and find pen widths that seem to suit your process (possibly more) that you want to use standard:

Light (0.1mm)

Medium (0.25 mm)

Heavy (0.4 mm)

Bold ( 0.65 mm)

Then in your CTB you can assign each one of these weights to a specific color.

For instance:

Color 1(Red) = 0.1 mm

Color 2(Yellow) = 0.25 mm

Color 3(Green) = 0.4 mm

Color 5(Blue)= 0.1 mm

Color 6(Magenta) = 0.25 mm

Color 7(White)= 0.4 mm

Color 8(Grey) = 0.65 mm

John Vellek

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

ok.   I was able to achieve most of what you wanted me to do and it prints out well with the exception of the color "white" which is on the missing edges of the guest bath and on the wall lights above the sinks and on the electric switches.  I can't find where I can change the line weight for this color.    Thanks again for your guidance.

.dwg block printing color white problem.PNG 

Message 11 of 12
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

Can you attach your new CTB file for me so I can see how you are doing this? You need to be assigning the lineweights in the CTB and not in the layer dialog.

White is color 7.

John Vellek

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

Fantastic John,  That fixed it!   Once you let me know what number the color white was I went into the .cbt (through plot style manager ) and changed it to .25 mm and it printed properly.  Thanks so much for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta