Did you mean: 

Block multiplying and renaming

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rkmcswain
1332 Views, 4 Replies

Block multiplying and renaming

I have a user that is creating blocks and at some point the block definitions are being duplicated and renamed.

This user says they are not using any 3rd party tools (I thought there might be a add-on doing this...)

For example, user creates a block named 12 FLG-flat-1-flat-1, and at some point later on the user goes into the block list and sees this:

renameb.png

Each one of those is a copy of the original block, but with a different name. 

Any thoughts?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

The FLATTEN command from the express tools always does exactly that to blocks.....

I always make sure I do not have blocks selected when attempting that function.

-steve

Message 3 of 5

@StephenThomasGrace - Interesting. 

If I answer Yes to "Remove hidden lines?", it explodes the insertions, which is bad for other reasons since the block in question is set to not "allow exploding"

If I answer No to "Remove hidden lines?", the routine fails with this error: "Cannot explode that block.  bad argument type: lselsetp nil"

In neither case did it create additional blocks.

However! If I answer No to "Remove hidden lines?", and the block in question is allowed to be exploded, then BOOM - new extra blocks!

Thanks!

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 5

Yes... I had my " What the heck" moment on this a few years back.

I guess that is why, "About Express Tools" says they are provided as a "courtesy" and are "unsupported".

Still, I use it alot for "Flattening" survey linework. Great tool when used carefully.

Message 5 of 5
3wood
in reply to: rkmcswain

I use CHZ20 to do flatten work.

To replace all blocks with multiple names, you can try MBLOCKREPLACE with wildcard option.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta