Did you mean: 

Block insertion

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
t.burns62
408 Views, 5 Replies

Block insertion

I just installed AutoCAD 2019 on a new computer,  on my old computer running AutoCAD 2018 when I inserted a block it would prompt me for the attribute info and I could just enter through them and after the last attribute the enter key would finish the insert.  Now I have to actually click okay.  What variable setting changes it back to just hitting the enter key?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
imadHabash
in reply to: t.burns62

Hi,

try Ctrl+Enter . 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
t.burns62
in reply to: imadHabash

No that didn't do what I was looking for.  I get the edit attribute window when I do the insert (attached screen shot) but on the old computer that did not pop up, it was all in the command line which I like and think is much faster.

Message 4 of 6
ВeekeeCZ

Attdia
Message 5 of 6
john.vellek

Hi @t.burns62,

I tried this in both AutoCAD 2018 and 2019.  When I used INSERT i got the attribute request and filled out each attribute and hit the Enter key and it completed. I tired it a second time and then to get the dialog to accept the values and close I then had to hit tab after the last entry and then use Enter.

I did not change any system variables between attempts so I will have to play a bit to see if i can figure out what caused the difference.  I saw this behavior in both 2018 and 2019 so I don't believe the behavior is unique.

If you are simply trying to suppress the dialog from showing, @ВeekeeCZ is correct in setting ATTDIA to 0 should allow you to enter the values at the command line.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 6 of 6
t.burns62
in reply to: ВeekeeCZ

That is exactly what I was looking for.  Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report