Block attributes

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
625 Views, 11 Replies

Block attributes

Hi

I was trying to create block with attributes and I have assigned the default values. I tried to insert the blocks into a new dwg file but all the attributes are lost. However, when I copy the block to the new dwg, I can use without any issue. I am using Windows 7 with Autocad 2013. Can anyone help me in this regard?

Thanks 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to refresh the block with the BATTMAN command.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

Hi

I tired and when I select the block, it says "the selected block has no attributes". Besides, error message shows as "Error selecting entity".

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

Seems like there's some kind of corruption happening with this block. Have you tried running AUDIT on the file? Do you mind posting the file here, we can have a look at it for you.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

The file is attached below. Please have a look.

Thanks

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

There doesn't seem to be any issues with the block attributes in the file when I open it. See screenshot attached.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Have you tried inserting the block? The block itself has no issue and same with copying. The only issue I had was when I tried to insert it into another drawing, the attributes were gone.

Thanks 

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

Yes, inserting and copying to another file doesn't cause any issues neither. I'm not sure what maybe causing the issue.

I've saved the block into it's own work block, you just need to insert it directly into a file with the INSERT command. See if it fixes the issue for you.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

Hi

This works perfect. How did you do that?

Thanks

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

When you're in block editor, you can save block to an external file. Much like the old WBLOCK command. To do this, when you're in the block editor run the command BSAVEAS, or in the ribbon click on the Open/Save flyout and select "Save block as" option. Here you're prompted to save the block with a new name. Here, instead of saving as a new block, you tick the option down the bottom "Save block definition as drawing file" and press OK. You will be prompted to save the file externally. This will export the block into it's own dwg file. If you open the file itself, you will be prompted to go straight into the block editor. Most of my block library has been sorted this way, as I use tons of dynamic blocks that I create almost on a daily basis.
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

Thank you so much! It works perfect now.

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

No problem mate. Happy to help! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report