Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block and line entity properties changed when inserted as an XREF to a specific DWG file

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
toth_zoltan
311 Views, 4 Replies

Block and line entity properties changed when inserted as an XREF to a specific DWG file

There is a strange phenomenon that occurs when a specific drawing is inserted as an XREF into another specific drawing. I purged the original, rather complex drawings to the extreme, and the phenomenon still occurs.

The phenomenon is as follows: Open Test1.dwg, which is completely empty, only the 0 layer is in it, everything else is deleted and purged.

Attach Test2.dwg as an XREF, which has a block and a dashed line only, everything else is deleted and purged.

After attach the block appears completely black, the line type disappears, only a continuous line is visible. This is the error phenomenon.

If I convert the external reference into a Block after that the block and line of Test2.dwg are displayed correctly.

It is also important that if I XREF Test2.dwg into an empty AutoCAD template file (e.g. acadiso.dwg) (prior XREF make sure the template drawing has ’meters’ as base unit), the block and the line appear correctly.

So the error only occurs if I insert Test2 as an XREF into Test1.

I would be grateful if anyone could help me find out the reason for this phenomenon.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cadffm
in reply to: toth_zoltan

Hi,

I attached Test_2 into Test_1 without any other changes

and it looks well to me.

cadffm_1-1721392747105.png

Q: Have you test it on your side with THIS Test_1.dwg file?

Because your Arc uses not the linetype "ByLayer" and if you tried it with another file than this Test_1, perhaps XREFOVERRIDE is turned ON in the other file.

In Test_1 it is set off and I can't see a problem.

Pls run REGEN in your Test_1, still continuous?

Share a screenshot of your ABOUT dialog.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
toth_zoltan

Hi,

Regen does not help, but setting XREFOVERRIDE off seems to be the ultimate solution.

Thank you!

Message 4 of 5
cadffm

Glade to help 😀

so it worked with your test files also on your side.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
toth_zoltan
in reply to: cadffm

Yes, it worked with the test files and with the original complex versions as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta