Blank page when plot preview & export to pdf

56 REPLIES 56
SOLVED
Message 1 of 57
Anonymous
101518 Views, 56 Replies

Blank page when plot preview & export to pdf

Hey,

Excuse my awkwardness but I'm self taught on AutoCAD & have managed fine for last few months but have encountered an issue this evening I can't resolve.  I've produced drawings, basic they may be, but when preview them the actual drawing area is barely noticable & when export to pdf it practically prints a blank page.  I have very simple items in drawing, stockpiles, excavations test locations, and have been producing pdf's fine, even as recently as this morning using the same cadfile.  But what ever I've managed to do since then has changed something and I can't resolve the issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

56 REPLIES 56
Message 21 of 57
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> My coworker could see it on his computer but I could not

On the layout, in the print preview or in the PDF as result of the print process?

Reason could be PC3's with the same name, but different settings, CTB/STB with same name, but different settings.

-  alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 22 of 57
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Look in the setting window that says "Export to PDF Options", look for "Merge Control" and set it to "Lines Overwrite".  This fixed my problem with PDF exports showing up blank or missing lines.

Message 23 of 57
Anonymous

I am having the same trouble trying to convert my class projects to pdf. I need your assistance pls

my work is refusing to be added as attachment in a .dwg format

Message 24 of 57
Anonymous

I am having the same problem too . but I don't know how to post a .dwg file here

Message 25 of 57
WORKPLAYLOVE

@Anonymous wrote:

I am having the same problem too . but I don't know how to post a .dwg file here

Can you post a screen shot? Also when you are in the post section theres an "attachments" area below to choose file and upload, thats where you can upload your drawing.

Message 26 of 57
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> but I don't know how to post a .dwg file here

If you are in this thread and use the "reply"-button (assuming you are posting here using your Internet browser) you can find the line for attachments below the text-field, where you enter your statements.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 27 of 57
Anonymous

These are screenshot of my recent 3d AutoCAD  works that keeps giving a blank pdf when I try converting.

I would have loved to post the main AutoCAD work(.dwg) here if that would help

Message 28 of 57
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

the screenshots look great, but to see why the PDF is empty we need to access your dwg-settings.

So please create a layout, in the viewport make sure you see the model-space geometry, then run plot to "DWG to PDF.pc3" and make sure the pagesetup is saved. then save the drawing and upload it ... if the resulting pdf was again empty.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 29 of 57
Anonymous

sorry for the late reply. am self taught in using AutoCAD, I don't know how to use the layout command. please I would be grateful if you help put me through in using it. thanks

Message 30 of 57
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I don't know how to use the layout command

Layout is not a command, layouts are parts of the drawing to define the content for plotting. Layouts exist already in your drawing, you just have to change from model-space, where you are creating your model to the layout.

20171013_231427.png

There are also a lot of videos available showing how to prepare your plots with layouts >>>click<<< as well as the help content itself >>>click<<<

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 31 of 57
Anonymous

Thanks for your guidance, I was able to convert my projects to pdf using layout. Am very grateful. from Nigeria

I attached one of the converted works.

Message 32 of 57
Anonymous

That helped me, thank You Alfred. You are the boss 🙂 Greetings from Canary Islands

Message 33 of 57
Anonymous

Hi,

Same problem here, trying the advises in the posts here but not working.

Appreciate if you can help take a look at the file, as attached.

Thank you!

Message 34 of 57
neaton

What is the problem? I opened the plot command and preview shows the full layout so it should print correctly if the assigned Rekka-CAD.ctb plot style is available. If it says (missing) change to an available plot style. If this is a drawing received from someone else ask them to use AutoCAD eTransmit to bundle the appropriate plot style with the drawing.

Missing plot style.PNG

Do you get errors when trying to print? Open the Plot and Publish Details dialog box for any error messages.

Plot publish details.png

Nancy

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Same problem here, trying the advises in the posts here but not working.

Appreciate if you can help take a look at the file, as attached.

Thank you!

Message 35 of 57
Anonymous
in reply to: neaton

Hi,
Thank you for the reply.
The problem I am facing is when print-zoom extent in the paper space, I can’t get the preset content, just a blank page appear. How to fix this problem?

Yin
Message 36 of 57
cadffm

And Zoom extents in Layout display the drawing well? I don't think so.

If not, your Layout if full of waste..
Go to Layout

Object selection use CTRL+A
then by pushing only CTRL again deselect your Layout objects with a window selection.
In prooertiePalette you can see see what you have select.
You can also use DEL or CTRL+X to fix the problem.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 37 of 57
Anonymous
in reply to: cadffm

Hi, I have tried what you have suggested. The paper space is very clean, all info that I want to print is contain within a rectangle box, where all viewports are set. Suppose if zoom extent will show the box only, but it is not. That’s why I send this query, what else can be done to fix the problem?
Thank you.

Message 38 of 57
cadffm

Sorry, i didn't saw your attached file (with my mobile), i 'll check it later with acad at my homeoffice.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 39 of 57
cadffm

Plot with fit to page or 1:1,

Unbenannt.png

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 40 of 57
Anonymous
in reply to: cadffm

No problem. As long as the problem can be resolved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report