Did you mean: 

Bizarre disappearing layer

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
ColinWolstencroft
512 Views, 13 Replies

Bizarre disappearing layer

Pulling my hair out here.

Working on a drawing. Had no issues with it.

But suddenly, any layer that is in paperspace ( dimensions and multi leader in this case ) has disappeared. It's there and when I highlight it, there it is. But then vanishes. However, if I pull it out of the viewport it shows. Or as much of it as I pull out. It's like the viewport is masking the layer. Tried everything I know but can't get it back to normal. Obviously something I have done by accident .... I just don't know what

Any ideas anyone ?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Patchy
in reply to: ColinWolstencroft

Setting different annoscale ?

Message 3 of 14

@ColinWolstencroft ,

Try the suggestions from Dimensions, text, and blocks disappear in AutoCAD.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 4 of 14
pendean

Are you aware that layers inside paperspace viewports can be frozen without affecting the modelspace setting for that/those layers? Sounds like that's what you might have going on if it is not an annotative scale setting issue as noted by others.
Message 5 of 14
ColinWolstencroft
in reply to: pendean

Hi there,

thanks. Checked and everything unfrozen etc. It's so strange. If I select the hidden dimension and pull it out of the viewport, it appears as if hidden by the viewport itself. Tried arranging layer, but nothing seems to work

Message 6 of 14
pendean

Can you share your DWG file here and explain how we can find this hidden content?

Message 7 of 14
ColinWolstencroft

So, it's sort of like the layer slides between the viewport and the main drawing window. You can see how the text is half hidden under the viewport. It's almost as if the viewport is on a different .... level ??

Message 8 of 14
pendean

DWG file please, not a picture.
Message 9 of 14
ColinWolstencroft

Hi,

Sorry, I'm unable to share the file as it is a sensitive document. I'll see if I can pick out what I need to share. Apologies for that

Thanks

Message 10 of 14

Open the DWG

Run the ERASE command.

Select ALL

Now remove from the selection set, the objects that are part of the problem.

Complete the ERASE command.

SaveAS a new DWG file name

Attach this drawing.

We don't need the entire thing anyway.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 11 of 14
pendean

@ColinWolstencroft Use WBLOCK command to create a new DWG file from the content you want to save in modelspace, then INSERT that new file into your company's clean-trouble-free Template file and SAVEAS.

Issue go away?

If not, go to your Autodesk Account Page and start a support ticket with Autodesk https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Contacti... make sure your bosses know Autodesk might need to get into your computer to fix your file(s) issues and if that is still a no-go then ask the Bossman to pay for a consultant to pass a background check, come to your site, to fix your file.

HTH
Message 12 of 14
jrreid

Simple solution.

Turn ALL Layers on.

Thaw ALL Layers.

go to Paper Space.

Make a completely NEW VIEW PORT.

You should now see every layer you have in your drawing.

If this is the case ... then Pendeans comment earlier about Paper Space can turn off / Freeze layers through View Ports is correct and you need to review how that works in AutoCAD.

I have a button just for that. It reads:  -LA;T;*;ON;*;;

Message 13 of 14

Got wipeouts, or floating wipeouts that are disassociated from masked text?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 14 of 14

Just curious, have you tried TEXTTOFRONT command, using option "All"?
Also, can you tell us how you "highlight" the dimensions and multileaders if they are invisible? Are you using a Window selection set? QSELECT?
Stefanie
crazy autocad witch since release 8 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators