Did you mean: 

Best PDF to DWG converter

69 REPLIES 69
SOLVED
Message 1 of 70
tahdesign1
581590 Views, 69 Replies

Best PDF to DWG converter

I have been ask to supply a PDF to DWG converter on our CAD network.
I wanted to ask around for what others are using for this and which might be the best one out there.

So what are you using if you are doing this? There seems to be many to pick from.

69 REPLIES 69
Message 61 of 70

Hi @sellvakumarmech,

I am checking back to see if my post helped you with your problem. Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 62 of 70

Hi John,

I Believe, there is an option to remove layers using acrobat. I am also using older version of acrobat, If i wanna move new version of acrobat there are some issues to get licence...once i done, i will share my knowledge with you ASAP. 

Kind regards,

Sellvakumar

Message 63 of 70

John,

Very thank you for your guidance. It was working. its help to done my job quickly. 

Regards,

Sellvakumar

Message 64 of 70
Anonymous
in reply to: TerryDotson

The DotSoft program created the cleanest drawing BY FAR!!  I have tried a number of conversion programs, including those from AutoDWG.com and Able2Extract.  I am very impressed with DotSoft's PDF2DWG.  I compared each of the programs using the same PDF file, which was rather complex and created by a relatively unknown illustration program.

Comparing each of the converted drawings, the curved edges of circles and other objects were very smooth with the DotSoft PDF2DWG, not jagged and disproportional like the others.  It produces the proper line weights and original colors of the PDF, which were mandatory requirements for my project.  We have many estimators and anticipate using DotSoft PDF2DWG on all of our conversion applications.  It is very reasonably price for the quality it produces.  I am not affiliated with DotSoft, but I am a very satisfied customer.  http://www.dotsoft.com/pdf2dwg.htm   

Tags (2)
Message 65 of 70
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> I have tried a number of conversion programs

Which ones?

And most important: have you tried the AutoCAD internal PDF-import?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 66 of 70
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

SureVoid wrote:

The DotSoft program created the cleanest drawing BY FAR!! ......I am not affiliated with DotSoft, but I am a very satisfied customer. http://www.dotsoft.com/pdf2dwg.htm

I've always been a supporter of Dotsoft products, but since I'm no longer a daily user of CAD, I don't get to use/test tools like this as much as I'd like. Good to know it works great!

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 67 of 70
rkmcswain
in reply to: tahdesign1

I'd be very interested to know why this (PDF to DWG) is such a a big thing? I can see the occasional PDF of maybe a detail, but it seems like there are so many people with this need. Where is the DWG file from which the PDF was made? Are people losing DWG files, but somehow managing to keep the PDFs? Are people sending others PDFs instead of DWG files, and the PDF recipient is trying to salvage a DWG out of it?

I'm just curious how often you need to do this and why?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 68 of 70
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

I am with a Sub-Contract company as of the moment and I do all the Submittal drawings. Receiving the DWG file of the job makes the turn-a-round process faster but at times there are firms or contractors that will not release the DWG files. So, The PDF file of the job/Project is all we receive. In this case a converter helps with submitting a drawing of their building elevation and roof plans quicker. 

Message 69 of 70
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

I'm not very familiar with AutoCAD, and I don't have a lot of time to learn it.  We have been using another software package for many years that works great for our needs.  We sometimes need to supply engineers with DWG files for incorporation into their work.  Our program creates DWG files, but they are not very good by comparison.  We have determined that creating PDF files and converting to DWG using DotSoft's PDF2DWG program gives us the best results.

Message 70 of 70
teimat
in reply to: tahdesign1

Please stay away from Scan2Cad.   They sell software they claim converts every pdf to dwg.  After it fails they try to up charge you for a higher version rather than make good and give you a refund.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report