Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Updates & Security Hotfixes

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
734 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD Updates & Security Hotfixes

To Admins or the "AutoCad Experts" out there...

Okay... it looks like for the time being I am back into Student Tutoring / Leaning mode and my question is simply this..."Upon installation of the AutoCAD program, is it necessary to apply all of the listed Updates & Security Hotfixes"??

At the time of installation, using the Autodesk "Desktop App" I found 6 to 12 updates (including "Add-ons") that were listed. Obviously, (at work) our IT/CAD manager is supposed to be on top of this so I really don't worry unless I start having issues with crashes.  As a Student Tutor, I want to make sure I'm giving the proper information as a tutor and I believe this should include making sure the program is working properly.

Thanks in advance for any help or information.

Regards,

Milt (a.k.a.: Drafter1981)

cc: Milt Fitz (student), Drafter1981, (consultant) & Milt Fitz (Work Account)

Autodesk-Community-Hotfix-&-Update-Question.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

for AutoCAD you only need 2019.1.2 (which includes the other/earlier 2019.x.x ones) and then the Combo_Security update.

20191013_082519_0001.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks Again Alfred!!!

I have the install all done. Hopefully this will clarify some of the issues....

Now, on to junk that is happening with my "Professional / Work Computer".

It seems as if I've been having the same issues as quite a few people with using a borrowed license. I recently posted a question about this: (Borrowed License Issues) and have seen that this is not a unique situation.

Hopefully Autodesk will come up with a solution because at my full-time position (when I'm not tutoring) I'm using AutoCAD in the BIM capacity & can not deal with being online unless I'm posting up a model. This just seems to be one of those situation where having the old perpetual/stand-alone license would definitely be more of an advantage than trying to work on-line, on the cloud, or using the borrowed license...   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta