Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD - Seamless polyline linetype

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jdfnnl
309 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD - Seamless polyline linetype

Is there a way to make a joined polyline function as a continuous length as it pertains to displaying the chosen linetype? As an example, I would like to draw a rectangle with filleted corners except that joined polylines still will not show breaks if the individual segments are too short. In the example I would like there to be a single break here at the top. Is there a way to have autocad forget about the individual segments?

LINETYPE CONTINUOUS.jpg

[ The subject line of this post has been edited for clarity by @handjonathan Original: seamless polyline linetype ]

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ВeekeeCZ
in reply to: jdfnnl

Properties palette / Linetype Generation / Enabled

BeekeeCZ_0-1673343080517.png

Message 3 of 5
jdfnnl

That's great. I have not been familiar with 'linetype generation' nor its other uses. Is there a possible way to render the line symmetrical?

linetype generation.jpg

Message 4 of 5
ВeekeeCZ

No, unfortunately, there is no such option. You can try to adjust the LT scale a little bit or break the PL in half.

Message 5 of 5
Kent1Cooper

@jdfnnl wrote:

.... Is there a possible way to render the line symmetrical?

You can manipulate where the pattern starts.  I discovered some time ago in another connection that the linetype-definition's pattern starts at the second vertex of a Polyline.  So you can add a new second vertex, and then grip-edit move it along to get the "look" you want.  Here I used PHANTOM linetype to make it a little more obvious how the positioning of the dash-gap pattern relates to the vertices, and how positioning the second vertex affects the pattern origin:

Kent1Cooper_0-1673356368434.png

Something more like yours:

Kent1Cooper_0-1673356800363.png

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta