Did you mean: 

AutoCAD - Repeating Break At Point

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
tomislav_vargek
521 Views, 10 Replies

AutoCAD - Repeating Break At Point

Why Autodesk doesn't fix repeating of Break At Point command with spacebar or enter, cause right now repeating invokes regular Break command and you must click on icon again if you want Break At Point...

[ The subject line of this post has been edited for clarity by @handjonathan Original: Repeating Break At Point ]

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
dbroad
in reply to: tomislav_vargek

Ribbon command macros aren't actually commands.  The only ways to repeat would be to pick the tool again or to actually create a breakatpoint command yourself using LISP, which isn't all that difficult if you need it a lot.  The form of the process, in general is (defun c:yourcommandname nil (command "your" "command" "sequence" "including" "prompts" "such" "as" (getpoint) "and" pause)).  Basically if you can enter the command at the keyboard, you should be able to code a command for the sequence.  Here is the menu macro "^C^C_break \_f \@"  The \  represents a pause for user input and the @ represents use the same point.  The f is the option to select the first point, not using the selection point as the break point.

BTW, if you like using the ribbon, pin the modify panel or drag it out of the ribbon.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 11
ВeekeeCZ

Actually, it was fixed already!

Since ACAD 2021 we have the BreakAtPoint command.

Message 4 of 11
pendean

@tomislav_vargek wrote:

Why Autodesk doesn't fix repeating of Break At Point command with spacebar or enter, cause right now repeating invokes regular Break command and you must click on icon again if you want Break At Point...

Are you using this command https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2021/ENU/AutoC...

It works with a spacebar and <enter> here.

pendean_0-1667570526201.png

Or are you running a very old version of AutoCAD that does not have that now single command, aka your wishlist?

Or did you migrate an old menu nd old functions when you upgraded to a newer/newest AutoCAD/LT?

Elaborate please.

Message 5 of 11

no it's not macro, I have it as a command and an icon in toolbar  in ACAD2020, and I did make my self a lisp, but I was wandering why the repeating of command via keyboard doesn't invoke same command but another one

brkatpnt.jpg

Message 6 of 11
tomislav_vargek
in reply to: ВeekeeCZ

so in 2021 and later it's fixed or?

Message 7 of 11
tomislav_vargek
in reply to: pendean

I have as you can see in picture but after invoking it once with mouse and then wanting to repeat it by pressing spacebar or enter, cad calls the regular Break command and not Break At Point, weird ...

Message 8 of 11
cadffm

Your screenshot display the BREAK command and not breakatpoint command, so it is usual.

BreakAtPoint command available in 2021 and works how you want.

Because it is a command 

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
pendean

@tomislav_vargek wrote:

I have as you can see in picture but after invoking it once with mouse and then wanting to repeat it by pressing spacebar or enter, cad calls the regular Break command and not Break At Point, weird ...

@tomislav_vargek in 2020, it is a macro that calls the basic BREAK command, then it goes through the options (why you are looking only at the description limits your ability to find out what is actually going on).

pendean_1-1667574266323.png

In 2021 and newer, there is an all new single command to do that, no macro: and that is what you asked for "...Why Autodesk doesn't fix repeating..."

pendean_0-1667574051582.png

If you are hoping Autodesk is going to fix 2020, that's never going to happen sadly.

If you wish to use a LISP, then do so: but you have to replace your 2020 button's macro (my first screenshot above in the reply) with that LISP code.

So, again, to answer your question, Autodesk already fixed the problem you are highlighting. You're just stuck in old software.

HTH my friend.

Message 10 of 11
tomislav_vargek
in reply to: pendean

aha, I see, they made it like command but with macro from Break, thank you

that's why it won't repeat with spacebar or enter...

Message 11 of 11
dbroad

Which is what I think I said to begin with.  I appreciate the others letting me know about the new command.  I've been using my own lisp command for break@ since 1986 though. Since you've already got a lisp for it, just edit the CUI and replace the Adesk macro with your lisp.  You might want to add your lisp to the acad2020.mnl file.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report