Did you mean: 

AutoCad Render Freezes

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
Anonymous
4699 Views, 24 Replies

AutoCad Render Freezes

I'm making a rough model for a project and AutoCad Rendering was working fine but has started to freeze the render window after 3 seconds every time. It is not lagging as I have left it on for more than an hour to test. The render window has to be forced closed as it doesn't respond to any interaction.

I have even tried going back to an old file that worked and updating it so it is the same as the one I'm currently rendering, and it still freezes.

The file is attached if that helps in any way.

The Computer Specs are: GTX 1070TI, AMD 8350 CPU, 16GB DDR3 1800MHZ Ram, Samsung Evo SSD

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

hello, try to install latest updates from autodesk and see if helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 25
ennujozlagam

hello, try to change setting of your RENDERPRESETS and see if helps. thanks

ppppp.JPG

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 25
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

first I would never render in parallel view, always use perspective new as only in that state the distance between camera and object is really defined.

Also important: which version of AutoCAD are you working with? Start AutoCAD, empty drawing, command _ABOUT and show us a screenshot from that dialog.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Hi, I have tried to update to the newest version and it didn't fix the problem, I have gone as far as to reinstall autocad completely

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous

I have tried to change the render presets, and no configuration will work for me except renders that take a second at most

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks I will take that info into account next time I'm rendering.

Here is a screenshot of the dialogue

Message 8 of 25
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

your screenshot shows that your AutoCAD is not updated, it should show 2018.1.2 in that dialog.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 9 of 25
ennujozlagam

hello, try to update your graphics card driver to the latest and see if helps. thanks

Message 10 of 25
Anonymous

I just updated to the newest version of AutoCad, and it displays correctly in the about tab, but the issue still occurs unfortunately

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous

Hi, I updated my graphics card through nVidia Geforce Experience but still the rendering issue is there

Message 12 of 25
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

please create a new Windows user account, login with that account, then start AutoCAD and render this dwg-file again, better?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 13 of 25
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

I opened your file, switched to perspective view and then rendered online without any issue.  I also rendered locally without any problems.

Full_Model.dwg_2018-Nov-19_08-12-06PM-000_Active_png.png

When your system freezes, have you checked Windows Task Manager to see if AutoCAD is doing anything?

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi,

I have since tried it on other machines and the  render doesn't stop at the 2 second mark like it does on my own machine. Unfortunately the other computers are not powerful enough to do a render in any decent amount of time. I have checked task manager and yes, when I start the render there is an initial spike of CPU usage above 70%, then it stays at around 40% while I have the render tab open (but it is frozen). This went back to normal percentages when the tab was closed.

I have also just noticed that something from my pc is giving a faint hissing/scratching sound, like a scratching hard drive, only when the render is frozen. I don't know what this is because my PC works perfectly for every other application. It is only autocad where this problem, and sound, appear.

Message 15 of 25
Anonymous

Hi,

So this seems to have partially worked. I have managed to get it working on a separate windows user account, but only when using "Render By Level", which is better than nothing, so thank you so much, I'll get my college project in on time now.

If you have any idea why this seemed to work I would be very interested to know why.

Thankyou!

Message 16 of 25
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> If you have any idea why this seemed to work I

>> would be very interested to know why.

Great to hear that it worked now. If another user account was able to work woth that file then it's most probably depending on your AutoCAD profile. Try to reset settings to default in your primary user account (as described >>>here<<<).

Also make sure if you have any apps/plugins installed that these are not automatically loaded again, also that you don't migrate settings from previous versions.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 17 of 25
Anonymous

Right so im having the same issue with C2020. 3 Seconds in and it freezes. Please help. 

Message 18 of 25
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> im having the same issue with C2020

What have you tried from the above suggestions?

If you have any more info than "same issue" ... it would be helpful to understand what you have and what exactly happens up to what could help.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous

I have tried all the tips in this thread. No luck. If i change the
resolution to Full HD, quality on Coffee Break, and render in window mode,
it starts and freezes on 1%. My CPU and GPU still runs in Task Manager, but
it seems the program has frozen. I have a very good Computer, 16GB Ram,
1060 6GB OC, I7 8700K 4.2ghz, so i do not think it is a hardware issue.
Windows 10 might be the problem, reading others problems on other sites.
Message 20 of 25
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

can you try these steps:

• create a new dwg-file based on an AutoCAD original template
  • create one box
  • create one camera that looks to the box and make it the current view
  • render this view

...same issue?

Also please start command _ABOUT and show us a screenshot from that dialog.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report