Did you mean: 

Autocad Publisher - 2 hour Timeout

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Flies-Eyes
315 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad Publisher - 2 hour Timeout

Hello Autodesk community,

I'm encountering a rather unusual issue that I hope someone can help me with. I'm currently facing problems when attempting to publish a substantial drawing set comprising 1300 drawings. Despite my best efforts, I've been unable to successfully complete the publishing process. Specifically, the AutoCAD publisher runs smoothly for the first 2 hours, but then it inexplicably stalls and stops producing PDFs.

It feels as though there might be a built-in time limit causing the process to timeout after 2 hours. I'm reaching out to inquire if there's an AutoCAD system variable or a publishing tool setting that can be adjusted to allow it to run for longer durations, thus enabling me to complete this significant publishing task successfully.

Any guidance or advice on how to extend the processing time beyond the 2-hour mark would be greatly appreciated. Your expertise will go a long way in helping me overcome this challenge.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TheCADnoob
in reply to: Flies-Eyes

Is there any chance power save mode is kicking in on your workstation? If so, is it set for two hours?

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Flies-Eyes
in reply to: TheCADnoob

Ahhh... great suggestion, I will check that out.  It is a desktop not a laptop, and I haven't noticed it going into Sleep mode previously.  That is not to say there is no setting forcing this in the background.  I will report back after I run it again tonight. I have a good feeling you are on to something, although I know when I come then next day the computer and all the monitors are still running.  I wonder if the lack of mouse or keyboard strokes is enough to put it to Sleep. 

Message 4 of 6
Flies-Eyes
in reply to: TheCADnoob

No luck overnight, although it appears the power settings that I had changed to not sleep didn't seem to stick, so can't 100% confirm or deny this yet.

Message 5 of 6
Valentin-WSP

@Flies-Eyes ,

@Flies-Eyes wrote:

... when attempting to publish a substantial drawing set comprising 1300 drawings.

... the AutoCAD publisher runs smoothly for the first 2 hours, but then it inexplicably stalls and stops producing PDFs.

There may be a corrupt drawing within the 1300 drawings.

Consider using this APP to repair any possible drawings.

ValentinWSP_0-1696811577534.png

Also, make sure to:

Related:

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 6 of 6
TheCADnoob

I would do as @Valentin-WSP suggested and make sure you don't have a drawing throwing things out. 

CADnoob

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report