Autocad linux port

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
draftsman101
4694 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad linux port

Hi

I'm sure there are a few posts out about this but was wondering if Autodesk had any plans for a Autocad port for linux. Or does anyone have a Autocad 2014/15/16 running stable in wine?

I know its possible to run it in virtualbox but would prefer wine. I know Draftsight is a good alternative that runs natively in Linux but its very buggy and already have Autocad license.

I'm currently running Autocad in Windows 10 and its the only program holding me back from making the switch to linux.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ampster40
in reply to: draftsman101

CAD software in general is holding me back. Autodesk for the most part. Every time I boot MS at home, maybe once every few months - it's always a pain to wait for everything to update before I can actually use the pc. Linux practically updates every day but rarely if ever causes a situation where the update process interrupts my use of the pc. Last working version of Acad I had working in Wine was 14 (not 2014). Porting Inventor and Acad to Linux....would make my day. Don't hold your breath though - sadly.
Message 3 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: draftsman101

ian.cornerstudio wrote:

.....but was wondering if Autodesk had any plans for a Autocad port for linux.

Anyone who knows cannot say, and anyone who says, does not know.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: ampster40

FWIW Win10 is doing that now is you MUST still use Windows.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I totally agree that there should be a version of AutoCAD (Plant 3d or Inventor) that runs on linux.  Windowsis becoming so bogged down with useless garbage software, security and bloatware.  I use my computer as a tool, not an entertainment device.  Linux works well to meet my needs, but AutoCAD on Windows demands that I must maintain two different systems - Linux and Windows - when I would prefer to ditch Windows altogether.   please seriously look into Linux AutoCAD..  Draftsight isnt bad, but it lacks the features and functionality of Plant 3D - so, I am stuck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report