Autocad Issues

34 REPLIES 34
Message 1 of 35
Anonymous
1478 Views, 34 Replies

Autocad Issues

Dear Community,

I have some issues with the autocad:

I have 4 computers that had Windows 7 OS, but I did the upgrade to windows 10. They all belong to a domain. The specs are really similar:

- i7 4790k

- 32 gb

- 3x gtx 760 and 1 with RX 480

- ssd 250 gb samsung evo 850

Note: one of the computers is still in windows 7 and im having this problems. In the Autocad 2015 version, the program works somewhat fine.

I've being experiencing some "lag" and freezes in some options, program is slow, I tried every solution out there that could help me solve this, but i couldnt be sucessful. So my last resort is to do a full format on this computers. What should I do more?

Best regards,

Pedro Gomes 

34 REPLIES 34
Message 2 of 35
RobDraw
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried every solution out there that could help me solve this, but i couldnt be sucessful. So my last resort is to do a full format on this computers. What should I do more?

Best regards,

Pedro Gomes 

If you could provide a list of what you have tried so that we can determine if you have indeed tried everything, that would be good and save us from suggesting stuff you have already tried.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 4 of 35
RobDraw

An actual list of what you tried would be nice.

Rob

Message 5 of 35
rkmcswain

Unplug the network cable, and disconnect any Wifi connections. Repeat your tests. Any better?
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 35
Anonymous

Rkmcswain they are all present in a lan network by wired coonection.

Robdraw evedything that is needed to tune maximim performance in windows.
Message 7 of 35
rkmcswain

There is a misunderstanding somewhere. I'm asking you to disconnect all network connections and see if the performance is any better in this state.
Message 8 of 35
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

Already tried that and that didnt solve the problem. today i will format one of the machines in order to check if that solves (erasing every single thing in the ssd).

Message 9 of 35
rkmcswain

Okay, that is a brute force method that may "fix" it, but it's not really solving the problem, which may creep back in. Good luck.
Message 10 of 35
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

besides my links in above and the "shorter" version what i did, what should i do more then? 

Message 11 of 35
TheCADnoob

what are the program features that are lagging/freezing?

are there specific commands?

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 12 of 35
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADnoob

Opening and closing some project, doing a simple trim action (hit TR and 2x spacebar) and its slow to react. The files arent huge (10 mb 1gb? not sure)

Message 13 of 35
TheCADnoob

For my day to day use those files would be considered gigantic and unwieldy at 1gb. I cannot speak for all users though, but once my old station gets above 5 mg in file size i start to see issues. Have you tried to purge the files?

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 14 of 35
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADnoob

what do you mean by purge? doesnt that delete my files?

Message 15 of 35
RobDraw

Purge is done inside the file and it can only delete what is not in use. Along with audit, it should be a regular part of drawing maintenance if your files are prone to bloat.

Rob

Message 16 of 35
Anonymous
in reply to: RobDraw

Those 4 people work in different files, so i have to purge in all or just open one blank document? 

Message 17 of 35
TheCADnoob

Purge has to be done per file. It purges unused elements within the file its self. 

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 18 of 35
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Tell me, is your AutoCAD 2015 current with hotfixes and service packs? That is where I suggest you start.

Next, if your files are truly that large it is likely that they do need some maintenance.

Purge should be used frequently to remove any unused items in the files. This is done on a per file basis.

Audit should also be done frequently on your files. This checks the file integrity and tries to correct any errors.

RecoverAll can also do an audit on a file that has external references attached to it. This is similar to an Audit but will look at all of the files.

A -Purge is also useful for removing unwanted things from your drawing.

You are welcome to attach one of your drawings that exhibits the problem and I can take a look at this issue for you.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 19 of 35
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if my post or others helped you with your problem.
Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts fully solved your issue or answered your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 20 of 35
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hello community,

Im in the process of reinstalling one of the workstations, if that works, I will tell you the results.

Best Regards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report