Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD - How to turn off file tab hover preview?

42 REPLIES 42
SOLVED
Message 1 of 43
Anonymous
79182 Views, 42 Replies

AutoCAD - How to turn off file tab hover preview?

Hello, I don't know what it's called. But every now and then I'll slowly move my mouse up to the ribbon thinking of where the next tool I need. And when my mouse hovers over the file tab, it'll show a preview of that file's layouts & model space. When I go back to my model space, now it switches me into that files layout and freezes everything up b/c it loaded into that space up. And now I have to work my way back to my model space and remember what I was working on. It happens quite freaquntly and very annoying.

Please is there a way to turn off this horrible feature? When I have a lot of files open with 3D objects and views, this really stalls things up a lot.

[ The subject line of this post has been edited to include the product name by @handjonathan ]

42 REPLIES 42
Message 41 of 43
trey.soucie
in reply to: wschilling

I hate the layout preview loading!!! i sure wish i could turn it off!

Message 42 of 43
RobDraw
in reply to: trey.soucie

You and a handful of other people. Thanks for sharing...

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 43 of 43
j.gillen
in reply to: Anonymous

This has been driving me crazy for years. Finally lost my s**t today because MEP froze on me when Im under pressure to issue a drawing and it want to show me a preview of work I know what it looks like when Im the one that did it. Googled a solution and something so easy to do, I should have done this years ago. Thanks OP of the solution for this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report