Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD - How to convert an existing model in UTM coordinates to Gauss3D coordinates?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Yash.Bhosale8G36P
383 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD - How to convert an existing model in UTM coordinates to Gauss3D coordinates?

Hello everyone,
I created a drawing in UTM coordinate system  and wanted to convert the entire drawing in Gauss3d coordinate system. Its actually a groundmounted photovoltaic system planned in 2D AutoCAD but the landscape drawing which I got later and which will be used to plan the installation is in Gauss3d gis system.  I tried copying the landscape drawing in my drawing with the original coordinates but it is somehow a bit tilted and a few meters away from the UTM coordinates i chose

I tried if I could use the MAPCSASSIGNE command but I am not sure if it works in a normal full lisence autocad version.

And because of the false coordinate sytem I am not at all sure how I can incorporate a dgm. or a xyz. data which i recorded with a drone into my drawing.

Any help is highly appreciated!

YashBhosale8G36P_0-1666169274079.png

[ The subject line of this post has been edited to include the product name by @handjonathan ]

Labels (4)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi @Yash.Bhosale8G36P,
Command MAPCSASSIGN won't work in Vanilla AutoCAD. It's a Map 3D Command.
"it is somehow a bit tilted and a few meters away from the UTM coordinates"
Use the ALIGN Command to move, rotate, and scale one set of data to the other. Without MAP 3d or Civil 3D that's the best you can do.
Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report