Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD - Excel Creating Unwanted Background Processes

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
blewisSXDS6
457 Views, 9 Replies

AutoCAD - Excel Creating Unwanted Background Processes

Recently I have been having problems with Microsoft excel and AutoCAD creating an unwanted background process in task manager whenever I update a data link (A process that occurs between AutoCAD and excel that transfers data from spread sheets). The problem occurs multiple times while just trying to update one data link on AutoCAD and in the task manager the instances appear under the background processes tree and not under the actual excel app in the processes tab (depicted below). However this issue does not appear to be server based as there are people at my office that do not have this same issue which leads me to believe that this is a setting I can turn off somewhere or disable. Images are provided below to help better clarify my points, I have tried just about everything I've found on the internet and no solution seems to help.

[ The subject line of this post has been edited to include the product name by @handjonathan ]

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
blewisSXDS6
in reply to: blewisSXDS6

(images to help)

-Before updating data link

(AUTOCAD DATA LINK BOX (in white above blue line))

CaptureAC.PNG

(Task Manager)

Capture.PNG

-After Updating data link

(Autocad Data link Box)

CaptureAC2.PNG

(task manager after update)

Capture2.PNG

Not sure if this is any more clear but this is the issue I'm having, I'm open to any suggestions

Thanks.

Message 3 of 10
pendean

Are you assuming "datalink" is somehow a passive no-PC-activity functionality by chance?

FWIW some users in these forums are reporting issues with Edge Webview2 and the 2023s as doing what you are observing. What is your ABOUT command list as your AutoCAD version by chance?

Message 4 of 10
blewisSXDS6
in reply to: pendean

T.53.0.0 Autocad 2023

Message 5 of 10
pendean

@blewisSXDS6 wrote:

T.53.0.0 Autocad 2023

Seems to be current if the rest of that was 2023.1.1

So it might be the other one or two issues I wrote about: it your PC performance (or AutoCAD performance) impacted by this, or is it just a noise-from-PC issue?

Message 6 of 10
blewisSXDS6

It seems to really bog down my system if I forget about them and let them stack up enough. I know a couple people that I work with have even had it crash their computer's which is the reason i want this to be resolved.

Message 7 of 10
pendean

@blewisSXDS6 Got it: what you are reporting seems to match the second part of my first reply to you in message 3 above. You might need to escalate the issue to Autodesk Support through your accounts page at this point.
Message 8 of 10
blewisSXDS6

If you don't mind could you maybe clarify a bit on your second point? as well as point me in the direction of where I go to reach autodesk support? Thank you!

Message 9 of 10
pendean

How to open a support case with Autodesk if you are on subscription to seek out Autodesk Support's help: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/users-software/support-options/we...

This is the discussion that might be related to your slowdown https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/autocad-2023-microsoft-edge-casuing-multiple-webview2-i...

Message 10 of 10
blewisSXDS6

Awesome, thank you for all of the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta