Did you mean: 

Autocad has not been running properly on my Lenovo Yoga 720-15IKB

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1649 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad has not been running properly on my Lenovo Yoga 720-15IKB

HELP!

When I first bought my Yoga I was able to run the autocad 2015 Student edition (downloaded from Autodesk) with no problems. A few month ago after a windows update the program began to crash on a very regular bases, so when I finally had some time I uninstalled and when I reinstalled, 2015 was no longer available so I upgraded to 2017. The install was tricky but I eventually was able to get it to run. It ran with major difficulty, crashed often, and ended up being corrupt.. where I had to only open files through the open menu. I decided to reimage my computer and reinstall Cad from scratch but now I can't even install the program.  I've tried 2016, and 2017 and I've gotten partial downloads, and multiple errors.

Can someone please tell me what's going on here and how to fix it, I've been all over these forums and nothing has worked. I need CAD for work and there is no work around for this. Please please help. I need an expert

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

HI @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

The system requirements for AutoCAD are here.  I suspect that while your processor and RAM are adequate, you are likely facing issues with the non-certified graphics card.  I believe your computer uses the Nvidia GTX 1050.  I suggest visiting the Nvidia site to see if they have a more current driver.

If you are experiencing crashes, do you have the  opportunity to submit a CER Report? If so, please give me the report number so I can look it up.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

But why would it have worked before and now stopped working?
Message 4 of 6
cadffm

@Anonymous  schrieb:
But why would it have worked before and now stopped working?

@Anonymous  schrieb:
. A few month ago after a windows update

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

You might check to see what updates have recently been applied to your system such as drivers, Windows updates, security updates, etc.  Obviously something has caused this behavior and you can try to roll back the update.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 6 of 6
pendean

Are you sure your old AutoCAD2015 for Students did not simply expire? EDU licenses are only good for 3-years, then you have to get newer versions if you are still in school and need the program.

The current version is 2019, the downloads work just fine if you use the BROWSER DOWNLOAD method instead of trying to install as part of the download. Here are full instructions on how to properly do that https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/article/113466

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta