Did you mean: 

AutoCAD file save problem using server

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
3420 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD file save problem using server

When i m working in server and save autocad file it is saving in .tmp file and also showing atmp*** file. But when i save in local d drive it is saved. Not asking anything or not getting any error. Please help me because sometimes i lost my cad file also from server due to this saving problem.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

most common for that situations are:

server is not a Windows server (instead it's a NAS or a network connection to a cloud service) ==> so which type of network do you have

the folder or the network share (you like to save to) has not enough permissions for your account (make sure you can read/write/edit/delete (and execute)

an antivirus filter is catching dwg files

I guess the best is to check this with your network-admin.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
serkancavuslar

DO THE FOLLOWING SETTINGS

Options Open and Save.pngOptions Files.png

Serkan ÇAVUŞLAR
CplCAD / Türkiye
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you had the chance to look through @Alfred.NESWADBA's excellent suggestions? Here also is an article that details some other factors that might be involved.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thank you very much for helping me. As alfred.neswadva's comment i. Inform to it department they are working on that because it now almost 300 autocad user problem. I told them to change permission because they now using McAfee antivirus due to that ransomeware attack. They trying now. Once again i also thank you serkancavuslar for the helping me in my problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report