AutoCAD - Create a 3D Solid from lines

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
anhnguyenhoangnhatvn
338 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD - Create a 3D Solid from lines

Hi,

I am a beginner to AutoCAD and I want to make a complex 3D solid from lines (Prior experiences from SketchUp Pro 3D). After watching videos of creating 3D solids and reading forums, I still have no solution to my problem or it is just simply not possible (one of the forums said it is simply dumb to make 3D solids from 2D lines). I think that tools such as extrude, loft, slice are not used in my case. If it is not possible, can I color the surfaces instead since all of the surfaces are flat? I would be very appreciate for other solutions.

Thanks!

[ The subject line of this post has been edited for clarity by @handjonathan Original: Create a 3D Solid from lines ]

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Your first goal should be to create surfaces to fully enclose the shape you would like to make a solid object.  One way to do this is to set osnap to end and then create 3dfaces to for each side of the 3D shape. I would only use 3 vertices to define each 3dface although the command will let you use 4. After creating the faces convert them to regions. The surfsculpt command can be used to convert a "watertight" collection of surfaces and/or regions to a solid.

lee.minardi
Message 3 of 3

Thanks a lot! These are really helpful to me

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report