Did you mean: 

Autocad Core Console Output

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2362 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad Core Console Output

Is there an alternative (command) to get the outputs of the commands executed in the core console ??

The core console has its own interface to show the results of the commands but, what I'm looking for is an alternative to be able to store the result of a command somewhere accessible externally to the core console, for example in the command line of windows. or in a text file readable by another interface in another language.

As an example: I have an application for windows that executes the core console as a standard process, the process executes the core console on any dwg file and applies a scr file that contains lisp commands to read the InsUnits configuration of the file (units) , the result of the command lisp is presented in the console of the core console but what I really need is that this value is available once the execution of the core console is finished to be able to read it from the main application.

This process in simple with command line commands of windows and it is possible to configure the commands with an output code, which can be read by the processes of other programs.

I would like to be able to execute the core console, execute a command that offers me as a result the units in which the dwg file is configured and, if possible, store this value in a file or some where that can be read by another program.

Any ideas!!!!

Thanks!!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cadffm
in reply to: Anonymous

"The core console has its own interface to show the results of the commands"

Not really, but it isnt need to discuss about that.

The core console have only the logfile similar to autocad (logfileon logfileoff logfilepath).

If you need some feedback/values you have to save the data somewhere (in a file or a systemvariable or registry, written of your programm).

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Juergen_Becker

Hi @Anonymous,

there is no way to get the result directly.

I do like this way:

Make a XML-File (not CSV) an store all your result into that XM-File.

The Windows Application can now read all that datas.

That's works fine and fast. Autodesk developer do it the same way.

Regards Jürgen

BTW: I would use C# it's more comfortable for that problems.

I hope my tip helps. If so then give me kudos and mark the tip as a solution.
Thanks.

Jürgen A. Becker
Building Services

Development and Support
Autodesk Forge Spezialist

CAD-Becker.de
https://www.CAD-Becker.de

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks for the ideas but, I found the solution by reading some answers to other questions in the Autodesk forums.

The responses of the core console can be redirected to a log file in the same way as it was many years ago when we worked with the MSDOS console.

There are so many years that we have been working with windows that we often forget that the old techniques are still valid for some processes.

Thanks for your time.

Message 5 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> The responses of the core console can be redirected to a log file

Well, that's what was suggested in post 2 here by @cadffm 😉

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 6

Hi at all,

if you want to analyze the log file, I wish you much fun. The command line is very unstructured for an application. For us as a human not.

In Addition, when you want to get datas in your windoes application, you have to write in the command line first. That is not necessary.

It's better when you write your data in your structured file.

Regards Jürgen

I hope my tip helps. If so then give me kudos and mark the tip as a solution.
Thanks.

Jürgen A. Becker
Building Services

Development and Support
Autodesk Forge Spezialist

CAD-Becker.de
https://www.CAD-Becker.de

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta