Did you mean: 

AutoCAD - Changing background color throughout company

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
j.Acad
539 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD - Changing background color throughout company

I am trying to change the paperspace background to a different color for the entire company. I know how to change it locally (options > display > colors...) but I cannot seem to find the setting for the entire company. I expected that this was done via the CIU, but this does not seem to include this setting. Can anyone point me into the right direction?

[ The subject line of this post has been edited for clarity by @handjonathan Original: Changing background color throughout company ]

Tags (3)
Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cadffm
in reply to: j.Acad

Hi,

It's part of the (Acad)User-Profile!

Per Windows-User, foreach product, foreach AutoCAD-Profile..

You can setup a line of code what runs on AutoCAD start (familiar with that?)

or as admin - iterate thru all users, all version, all profiles and change the setting.

(setq oldcolX (vla-get-GraphicsWinLayoutBackgrndColor (vla-get-Display(vla-get-Preferences(vla-get-application(vlax-get-acad-object))))))

(vla-put-GraphicsWinLayoutBackgrndColor (vla-get-Display(vla-get-Preferences(vla-get-application(vlax-get-acad-object)))) 5987163)
(vla-put-GraphicsWinLayoutBackgrndColor (vla-get-Display(vla-get-Preferences(vla-get-application(vlax-get-acad-object)))) 16777215)

(vla-put-GraphicsWinLayoutBackgrndColor (vla-get-Display(vla-get-Preferences(vla-get-application(vlax-get-acad-object)))) oldcolX)

or this way (needs a refresh, so switch the layout one time to see the new color)

(setq oldcolY (getenv "Layout background"))

(setenv "Layout background" "5987163")
(setenv "Layout background" "16777215")
(setenv "Layout background" oldcolY)

same for LT

setenv "Layout background" "5987163"
setenv "Layout background" "16777215"

See also tool like <This>

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
j.Acad
in reply to: cadffm

Thank you, this was exactly the solution which I was after. Your response and google pointed me into the right direction. We already do use a startup script, so I added the following to it, which seems to work.

;set model colors
(vla-put-GraphicsWinModelBackgrndColor (vla-get-Display(vla-get-Preferences(vla-get-application(vlax-get-acad-object)))) 3156001)
(vla-put-ModelCrosshairColor (vla-get-Display(vla-get-Preferences(vla-get-application(vlax-get-acad-object)))) 16777215)
;set layout colors
(vla-put-GraphicsWinLayoutBackgrndColor (vla-get-Display(vla-get-Preferences(vla-get-application(vlax-get-acad-object)))) 3156001)
(vla-put-LayoutCrosshairColor (vla-get-Display(vla-get-Preferences(vla-get-application(vlax-get-acad-object)))) 16777215)

Message 4 of 6
RobDraw

@j.Acad wrote:

I am trying to change the paperspace background to a different color for the entire company.

Why?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 5 of 6
j.Acad
in reply to: RobDraw

The standard bockground color is white, which does not contrast enough with our standard layer colors. (also, white backgrounds are harder on the eye then darker ones)
Message 6 of 6
RobDraw

Shouldn't it be a personal choice? Not everyone is bothered by a white background.

Don't you print on white paper?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report