Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad architecture won't start after installing autocad map 3d!

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
990 Views, 6 Replies

Autocad architecture won't start after installing autocad map 3d!

Only map 3d opens even if i click autocad architecture! Disc C only contains one autocad folder with no specification, did autocad architecture get overwritten by map 3d? Is there any way to work with both?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

No, variants do not overwrite each other, you can have every single variant installed on your PC if you so wish and work in each separately.

Whatever it is you are clicking on is probably pointing to the wrong software: help us help you by explaining in more detail what it is you are clicking on.
If you are clicking on a shortcut, then open it and find out more: right-click and select PROPERTIES.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I'm using the shortcuts in windows start menu. Both autocad architecture and autocad map 3d link to acad.exe, and i only have one autocad folder installed (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015). I do not have separate folders for map 3d and architecture. I always let autodesk installers run automatically without editing any settings.

Message 4 of 7
pendean

That shortcut is for neither program you mentioned: just plain AutoCAD 2015.

If you have MAP starting or you want ARCH you are either on the wrong PC or your shortcut is looking elsewhere.

So what does the shortcut do? Open it and find out, like I wrote earlier.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I did exactly as you said though. The path in properties says "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\acad.exe" I only have one computer and both programs were installed on it. When i click either of the shortcuts (both of which lead to the same acad.exe file) Autocad map 3d opens. I have no idea why is it this way, but it started after i installed autocad map 3d today. There is no other exe to start and i have no idea how to get back to autocad architecture.

Message 6 of 7
pendean

In the line called TARGET for the shortcut properties pop-up, ARCH for me reads ;like this this:
"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2016\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2016\AecBase.dbx" /p "AutoCAD Architecture (US Imperial)" /product "ACA" /language "en-US"

Map3D's TARGET section should read something similar with with 'map' instead of "arch".

The two above are the AutOCAD Profiles hat launch the target applications.

For comparison, plain AutoCAD's TARGET section looks like this for me:
"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2016\acad.exe" /product ACAD /language "en-US"

Note that I'm on 2016 versions, and I use the Imperial startup for ARCH. Your needs may be slightly different.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you! Manually putting the line in (changing the necessary parts) did the trick, i can now open both.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report