Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2025 preset pdf not publishing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jacob.robinsonJWAWG
278 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD 2025 preset pdf not publishing

AutoCAD 2025 drawing with multi-sheets/tabs. Created a pdf pagesetting in drawing using ADOBE PDF for printer/plotter. When publishing using 'Plotter named in page setup' which is the Adobe PDF plotter, 

Page Setup Screenshot.png

the process freezes when 'Specify PDF File' location dialogue opens. BUT.. when selecting the default PDF in 'Publish to' drop down, the process is fine creating an unreadable gray-scale mix pdf (which is why I prefer using the Adobe PDF plotter setting in the drawing). The process worked fine in 2024 but not in 2025.

Page Setup Screenshot2.png

Page Setup Screenshot3.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Ummm, not the same driver

pendean_0-1720010490210.png

"adobe PDF" is not a stock /preset PDF driver from Autodesk in AutoCAD, that's from a migration or something old that is not working on your PC right now.

The stock PDF drivers in AutoCAD 2024-2025 are:
DWG to PDF.pc3
AutoCAD PDF (General Documentation).pc3
AutoCAD PDF (High Quality Print).pc3
AutoCAD PDF (Smallest File).pc3
AutoCAD PDF (Web and Mobile).pc3

Use any of those instead, just like you did in PUBLISH (which is not the ADOBE PDF in your PLOT command).

Message 3 of 6

@jacob.robinsonJWAWG ,

Also, take a look at these links:

A suggestion:

In Publish select all the sheets and change the Page Setup to a legit Adobe printer.

ValentinWSP_0-1720014095912.png

Otherwise you may see something like this:

ValentinWSP_1-1720014485313.png

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 4 of 6

When I choose to plot each sheet/tab individually, the PDF plotting process using Adobe PDF works perfectly. 

PLOT1.png

The process creates a file name and asks where I would like to install the PDF file

PLOT3.png

And the processing is completed

PLOT4.png

 BUT, when I execute the PUBLISH command to plot several sheets/tabs at once, using the same setup name, "PDF", with the plotter assigned as "Adobe PDF", which comes prelisted in the plotter pull-down menu  

PLOT5.png

Page Setup Screenshot2.png

  

AutoCAD session freezes up at:

PLOT3.png

 At which point I <control-alt-delete> out of AutoCAD.

My question is, why does the page setup work in plotting individual plots and not when I PUBLISH using the same setup? 

Message 5 of 6

@jacob.robinsonJWAWG ,

This suggestion should help:

Also consider removing and recreating the plotter: 

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 6 of 6

pendean_0-1720022025146.png

Not AutoCAD:

pendean_1-1720022068365.png

sadly, no one here has access to your drivers and setting to answer it, its best if you only use the PC3 file I listed in my first reply to you (or you want to reach out to Adobe Support for the other driver)

pendean_2-1720022157882.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report