Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2025 Polyline Object Snap Issue

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
gmaine5Q4K6
348 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD 2025 Polyline Object Snap Issue

I recently upgraded to AutoCAD 2025, and I'm seeing a new issue that's been popping up in my drawings lately. On polylines, when in a command like fillet, or move or copy, I can grab segment end grips, but not midpoints on some segments on polylines in my drawings. Seems like I can see and select midpoint grips on arc segments, but often cannot on line segments. If I select the polyline outside of a command, I can see the midpoint grips and grab them, I just can't seem to do it inside of another command randomly. These are not complex shapes with hundreds or thousands of segments either, but often very simple shapes as in my latest case, which is under 30 segments.

Here's what I've checked so far: 

2D OSNAPS are set to have midpoint active and 3DOSNAPS are all disabled except for center of face, turning on midpoint of edge doesn't make a difference. I have checked the GRIPS System Variable, it is set to "2" since it's acting as if it's set to "1". I have also checked GRIPOBJLIMIT it is set for the maximum 32,767.   

What should I look at next? This was never an issue in 2024 or previous versions. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: gmaine5Q4K6

Share your actual DWG file along with a couple of screenshots so someone here in AutoCAD2024-25 can follow along. Not seeing anything like that here in my own DWG files with my own PLINEs.
Message 3 of 7
cadffm

Hi,

share your sample  .dwg 

What you can check on your side: 

Is the pline far away from wcs 0,0,0 ?

Try this:

MOVE <selectyourpline> basepoint: on the pline targetpoint: 

Does it work now?

Sebastian

Message 4 of 7
gmaine5Q4K6

You can see, although my screenshots aren't the best, that hovering my cursor over a line segment in the the polyline shows the endpoints only, no midpoint. This object is small, but this has occurred on larger objects too. I have attached the Red object in a DWG on its own below, it does still occur in its own purged drawing file which suggests there's a system variable that isn't set right maybe? The grip is there outside of a command, and I can grab it, but in the case of the shown screenshots, I started the MOCORO command and was attempting to set my basepoint as the midpoint of the line segment. Creating a block of this polyline, then opening the block editor and manipulating it inside seems to work as normal, but when in modelspace, the issue persists. Also as suggested, I did try moving the object to the 0,0,0 origin to see if it made a difference, there was no change, and the current instance exists in my model only 81' or so southeast of 0,0,0 so not a great distance away.

Screenshot 2024-09-18 130342.jpgScreenshot 2024-09-18 130421.jpgScreenshot 2024-09-18 130742.jpg

Message 5 of 7
pendean

@gmaine5Q4K6 Change to this

pendean_0-1726681209709.png

pendean_1-1726681292562.png

Message 6 of 7
gmaine5Q4K6
in reply to: pendean

Well that's interesting... Yes that works, however since when have polylines had snaps disabled when visual style other than 2D wireframe is selected? I've seen snaps disappear only when working with very complex shapes before, not because of visual styles. Accepting as the solution because it does work, thank you, but I'm not convinced that's the full answer 

Message 7 of 7
pendean

@gmaine5Q4K6 wrote:

... I'm not convinced that's the full answer 

You are welcome to try your file in AutoCAD 2024 and older, your stated issue above is the same as in AutoCAD2025, as is the solution. I tested your DWG file in AutoCAD2025-2024-2023 here, I don't have anything older to explore there.

Since I only have access to this file and not the others you are discussing, I have not ability to validate your statements. Perhaps others want to offer an opinion on your additional items.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report