Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2022 Lagging and Freezing when I attempt to trim

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1504 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD 2022 Lagging and Freezing when I attempt to trim

I have an upper mid tier pc and graphics card that I recently built (rtx 2060 gpu and a ryzen 3800x cpu) but whenever I try to trim a curved line or do some simple commands, things like attempting to place a polyline in certain areas AutoCAD freezes and stutters it's killing my productivity and it's really frustrating. I have the latest version of 2022 and the latest Nvidia drivers. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

What else have you tried?
For example, 2022 has an update 2022.0.1 that might help.
Changing from DirectX12 to DirectX11 may help as well: GFXDX12 command set to 0 turns it off.
Turning off LINESMOOTHING and LINEFADING variables may help as well.

Turning off hardware acceleration ought to do it for sure as a last resort.

HTH
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the reply, I had already downloaded today's latest update, copying the geometry to new files, recovering, auditing and purging to no avail. I tried your suggestions, and while it managed to alleviate some of the delay, it began to stutter and it still managed to slow down to the point of freezing entirely, forcing me to end task. Even turning off hardware acceleration. I'm really considering testing if a previous autocad version will work, but I don't really have that type of time so I may just do my plans in rhino, and clean them up in Revit idk.

And small correction I actually have an rtx 2070 gpu, I said 2060 by accident.

Message 4 of 9
imadHabash

Hi,

In your last drawing with column grid you have used a lot of unnecessary splines elements even for straight lines !!! this is weird and not recommended . i'm also found some lagging especially when my mouse come over that drawing . I suggest to replace all that unnecessary splines with lines or polylines that will solve your issue . 🙂

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Appreciate the sugguestion but even after converting splines to polylines the problem persists. I'm currently frozen as we speak.

Message 6 of 9
pendean

Other than RECOVER command finding 19-errors in your file, I see no slowdowns here.

See attached and a WBL:OCK test file for your use.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

interesting when I used recover it only reported one error before I uploaded it...I can't really be sure what the problem is but I appreciate the help so far. It's really odd because I've ran grasshopper scripts on rhino  10x heavier and this has happened on my laptop before too.

Message 8 of 9
pendean

Try setting GFXDX12 to 0 and restarting the program, see if that helps.

Message 9 of 9
cbashor67USD

Set the Trim variable TRIMEXTENDMODE to 0 and use the classic mode. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report