Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2021 doubles text height in data linked tables

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
551 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD 2021 doubles text height in data linked tables

Hey guys, first time posting on here so please excuse any formatting issues

I have been trying to find a fix for this all day by searching through forum posts and I find similar issues, but nothing that is exactly what I'm looking for.

Basically the issue is this- when switching from 2019 to 2021, I found that when using one of our templates the text height will double in random data linked tables. While it seems like a simple fix to just correct the text and cell dimensions, its a huge pain in the rear and can cause issues with data linked cells.

I have already updated our template to accommodate this bug but we have thousands of old files that may need to be re-opened and they will all likely have this issue.

Does anyone know how to fix this bug for use with pre-2021 files?

I will attach screenshots of how its supposed to look vs how it actually looks.

Thanks in advance! 

Labels (5)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cadffm
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

without a file (original version and a fixed version) we have to guess, why?

Please share a sample file, use etransmit before to archive all needed external referenced files.

You talking about a switch from 2019 to 2021, for usual that isn't a problem.

One question: Do you have also 2019 installed? And there is no issue?

Can't believe it so long all needed external stuff is available (like the font file).

-

The issue looks like a annotation problem, which i know

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: cadffm

Yes 2019 is installed and there are no issues. When opening the template in 2021, the text height of some data-linked tables doubles.

Also unfortunately I cannot share the file because of company policy or else I would

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

>>>...will double in random data linked tables...<<<
Sadly, there is no fix for "random", you will need to dig a lot deeper to find out what is the triggers are that you can repeat on demand all the time first.

Or it could be just as simple as you have a different STYLE or TABLESTylE setting at play.

Otherwise, either the link to your source file is lost or has changed (File A on Drive M vs File A of Drive X for example) without you noticing.

Engage your IT or a fellow AutoCAD user at your end to help dig deeper if you are unable to share files (and linked sources) here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta