Autocad 2020 PDF Plotting Issue

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
3375 Views, 12 Replies

Autocad 2020 PDF Plotting Issue

Hi, 

I have weird pdf plotting issue with new 2020 AutoCAD, I can't plot A1 size in landscape mode for some reason, it's working on A3 size but not A1,  it worked perfectly in 2019 version, all plotting setting were transferred to new AutoCAD version,  I tried a few different pdf plotters including AutoCAD dedicated one. can someone please help. Thank you! 

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

>>>...all plotting setting were transferred to new AutoCAD version...<<<
That may be the problem, reset 2020 and see if that fixes it.

Note: Your PDF was created with BULLZIP and it is also not rotated either (wrong landscape/portrait option selected).

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

also tried to reinstall all the plotters etc, created a new setting for plotter, all options for landscape are selected right, and as you can see on ex1.pdf, the paper itself is in a landscape but the drawing plotting in portrait, when previewing plot it is showing in the landscape. settings attached worked on 2019 version. 

Message 4 of 13
nwilkinson

Was this issue solved? I have the exact same problem with landscape selected everywhere and the little paper image still showing portrait.

I copied over a pc3 file that worked in 2019 after the problem appeared to see if this would fix the issue somehow, but no luck!

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: nwilkinson

Unfortunately it's not solved yer if you usd 3rd party app, it's only work with default autocadd dwg to pdf converter when selecting landscape paper by dimension. I have to go back to 19 version  because of this issue, sadly. 

Message 6 of 13
pierrecook

This worked for me:

Plot -> Preview (PDF) -> Print -> PDF -> Save as PDF . . . . open in Preview and print

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: pierrecook

It's all fixed with the recent update for 2020 AutoCAD. 

Message 8 of 13
nwilkinson

Not for me...it's still exactly the same!

I installed the update after restarting my computer; re-created an A1 PDF using the PDF option (not a previously configured A1) and it still does the same thing!

Message 9 of 13
michael.roche
in reply to: nwilkinson

I just installed Autocad 2020 last week and I am having the same problem. There are two different Adobe PC3 files I use to print and no matter what orientation you select it prints it out the opposite way and cuts off half the drawing. Need to get this fixed ASAP!!!!

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: michael.roche

Try the setting as per the picture attached.

I'm using CutePDF wich works form me you could try it also and it's free. 

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

Cad LT 020 pdf plot line weight got so thick. Need help fixing this issue.

Message 12 of 13
pendean

What do you use for line weight settings in AutoCAD?
What DPF driver did you use?
What PDF viewer are you using?
Does it print to paper "so thick" too?

There is a 2020.1.3 update out, do you have that installed yet? It might help.
Message 13 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I’m very rusty in auto cad now back to it again after 15 years.  I’m using LT2020 for Mac.  It print out thick too example dim line.  When I checked the layer it’s dim layer.  I’m not sure what to do or any standard setting I can upload? It views in pdf acrobat. Thanks so much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report