Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2019 release date

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
Anonymous
34039 Views, 22 Replies

AutoCAD 2019 release date

Does anyone have any idea when the 2019 version of AutoCAD (and the other Autodesk software for that matter) will be released? I have to upgrade my classroom lab and I want to wait for 2019.

Tags (1)
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

if anyone knows the release date he/she is not allowed to say anything 😉

In the last year it was somewhere in March, but who knows ...

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks. I am trying to figure out when I can get IT in here to help me deploy, and then get the students up to speed so they can take their certifying exams before school lets out in June. Certiport recently switched to a Live in the Application platform for testing (Console 8), and we have 2015 on our computers, which we can't use on Console 8. I don't want to install 2016 so they can take the test and then switch to 2019 over the summer. It would be a waste of time and energy. I had read somewhere that it might be In March, but was just looking for confirmation.

Message 4 of 23
GrantsPirate

The last 14 years it has been late March, so the best bet would be late March.  

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 5 of 23
WarrenGeissler

You might want to go with 2018 for the time being. Keep in mind that Certiport won't be able to upgrade their testing content until some time after the latest version is released. Typically they will Beta test the new certification versions at Autodesk University (in November)

Warren Geissler
Drafting Manager Denver Water

Please ACCEPT AS SOLUTON if this works
(...and doesn't melt your computer or cause Armageddon)

Message 6 of 23
pendean

There is no way, with an end-of-March release date, will you be able to get updated certified testing material in place for June.

but... why don't you go ask them and confirm the plan accordingly https://certiport.pearsonvue.com/Contact-Us.aspx

>>>...don't want to install 2016...<<<
Install 2018 instead.
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: WarrenGeissler

Good point. Thanks. I am just kind of disappointed that we can't load the test with 2015 software.

Message 8 of 23
chriscowgill7373

My understanding is that certifications are only good for 3 years, so it probably doesn't make sense to certify on a software that is 4 years old.

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 9 of 23

Before 3 years policy, each certification was labeled with version name. The question is, how the 2019-2021 certification will be differentiated from the 16-18 one? Will older one be removed from ACP search page?

Message 10 of 23
pendean
in reply to: tabassum.raza

You can find out for sure once R2019 is released soon (it's about that time of year now).
Message 11 of 23

What I've been told is that product certifications will no longer be differentiated by version number (which is good since it appears Autodesk wants to get away from the version numbering system anyway for their software).

The certification exams will only have the product name and your "Current Through" date. They will go inactive after that date.

capture.png

Warren Geissler
Drafting Manager Denver Water

Please ACCEPT AS SOLUTON if this works
(...and doesn't melt your computer or cause Armageddon)

Message 12 of 23
Arciviz

22nd March 2018

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: chriscowgill7373

I just loaded AutoCAD 2017 to all the computers. They will test with that and I will install 20919 over the summer.

They are co-existing on the laptops, which was unexpected. When I get a few desktops installed, I'll uninstall 2015. 

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous

That may be for the ACP, but not for ACU exams. I don't see the version specified on the certificates.

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous

That may be for the ACP, but not for ACU exams. I don't see the version specified on the certificates.

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous

Also, the 2016 exam on Console 8 is very different in format as it is live in the application. So you work through the problem and then answer a question related to it. Very different from last year.

Message 17 of 23
shefypattambi

Well...I got updated my autodesk desktop app today where Autodesk is saying it is updated the desktop app to receive the 2019 products..Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 23

Nope

Message 19 of 23
rudhamstile

Well Yes and No.

Mainly No 

Message 20 of 23
Arciviz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report