Did you mean: 

Autocad 2019 Hardware acceleration, video card nvidia gtx 1050

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
ilhancagdas
3955 Views, 12 Replies

Autocad 2019 Hardware acceleration, video card nvidia gtx 1050

Hallo,

Autocad 2019 crashes in 3d modelling. Can you help me out?

I have windows 10 64-bits.

latest driver for video card gtx 1050 installed

directx12

I am using laptop asus model GL553VD, RAM 16GB, processor 2.80GHz

thnx

ICA

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Hi,

>> Autocad 2019 crashes in 3d modelling

When does it crash? When you modify the model or when you do zoom/pan/orbit or similar display changes?

Can you reproduce the crash?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 13

I happens with zoom/orbit/pan
First the hardware acceraltion turns off then after a few seconds autocad crashes

Thank you very much

ica
note: i am new on this forum and my inglish not so good

so i apology for this.
Message 4 of 13

Hi,

>> First the hardware acceraltion turns off

Uuups, never seen that AutoCAD turns off hardware acceleration by itself (during it's working), how did you recognize this?

In general I would first work a bit of time (just for testing) with disabled hardware acceleration, just to make sure it's not dependent on the dwg-file.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 5 of 13

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I am affraid you can not help me if you nerver seen this before. See attachment.
I wonder if you are a professional

ICA

Message 6 of 13

Hi,

>> See attachment.

No attachment visible (in the forum), if you want to attach files then please use the Internet browser to reply to this thread. Replying by mail system does not forward any attachments.

>> you can not help me if you nerver seen this before

It might simply be a question of wording. And yes, you can turn on or off hardware acceleration, I also see that AutoCAD disables it when it's starting, but I never have seen that AutoCAD started with hardware acceleration and turned it off during working with AutoCAD.

>> I wonder if you are a professional

No, I'm not, I never was.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 7 of 13

Hi,

I reply via mail, did not know that you didn't recieve the attachments.

So again, see attachments.

ica

Message 8 of 13

Hi,

thank you for your screenshots.

When this exception happens and you close and reopen AutoCAD, do you get the hw-acceleration activated?

I'm also surprised about the virtual device displayed "acaddm15.hdi(Software)", because when I disable hardware acceleration then I get "gdi15.hdi(Software)" as virtual device.

What do you get when you turn hw-acc on, close the dialog with ok, then reopen the dialog again, turn it off, and a last time close and reopen the dialog ... does it again show "acaddm..." or "gdi..."?

20190124_133813.png

As you first screenshot shows "detected a problem" I guess that does not depend on the dwg-file.

You might try

• run AutoCAD with another Windows user account (to make sure the Windows profile, AutoCAD profile, ... are all set to defaults) and see if you get the same issue there
  • downgrade the driver to the release of my screenshot, because this works well on my system

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 9 of 13

Hallo,

i,

thank you for your screenshots.
When this exception happens and you close and reopen AutoCAD, do you get the hw-acceleration activated? NO

I'm also surprised about the virtual device displayed "acaddm15.hdi(Software)",
because when I disable hardware acceleration then I get "gdi15.hdi(Software)" as virtual device.
REOPEN RESULTS IN "gdi15.hdi(Software)"

What do you get when you turn hw-acc on, close the dialog with ok, then reopen the dialog again,
turn it off, and a last time close and reopen the dialog ... does it again show "acaddm..." or "gdi..."?
IT SHOWS "DIRECTX11" see attachment.

As you first screenshot shows "detected a problem" I guess that does not depend on the dwg-file.
You might try run AutoCAD with another Windows user account (there is no other user, i am a freelancer and have a singel license)

(to make sure the Windows profile, AutoCAD profile, ... are all set to defaults) and see if you get the same issue there downgrade the driver (you mean driver of the video card?) to the release of my screenshot, because this works well on my system

Message 10 of 13
ilhancagdas
in reply to: ilhancagdas

Hi,

I tryd again and this time it results in " gdi15.hdi(Software)

see attachment

Message 11 of 13

Hi,

>> there is no other user

You can create a new Windows user account on your workstation and login with that account for some test time.

>> you mean driver of the video card?

Driver

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 12 of 13

Hi,

i still have this problem.

see attachment "tunerlog" and "blauwescherm.jpg"

ica

Tags (1)
Message 13 of 13

Hi,

blue screen shows you "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE", so either your graphic card is defect (or memory on your graphic card) or the drivers don't fit with your device (maybe it's a laptop with an OEM product).

You might also look to this google search about >>>VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys<<<

(be careful, a lot of sites automatically respond with "solved" ... just to get clicks!)

If nothing from the search result then back to the store where you got that and let them repair this.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta